“lunch at a traditional inn”
Review of The Old Inn

The Old Inn
Ranked #9 of 19 Restaurants in Gairloch
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 24 March 2016

my ideal old fashioned inn - The Old Inn Gairloch. Situated away from the centre opposite the harbour and next to a great walk up the river. Roaring fire in the lounge, great public bar, with a lounge bar and snug as well. Good selection from the food menu with blackboard special makes this an essential stop. Great that it is dog friendly as well. Looking forward to my next visit.

Date of visit: March 2016

Reviewed 5 January 2016

The staff are very friendly, the food is fine, but sadly the room was very tired looking. The towels were frayed and old, the curtains were hanging off the rail. It could really do with a refurb. We wouldn't stay here again.

Date of visit: September 2015
Reviewed 2 November 2015

Stopped off for drink and meal here while visiting a relative. Initial impression were of a tired and slightly rundown bar. My pint of real ale was off and when I mentioned it to the barman he told me I would not be charged. Of course when the final bill arrived the cost was there which was rather disappointing. In fairness when I pointed it out I was given a refund but it should not have happened. The food was very poor quality. I ordered haddock and chips which were distinctly average. My companion had pizza allegedly with mozzarella topping but if it was mozzarella it must have been of very poor quality as the pizza was not at all good. Sorry to be so negative but the total experience should have been so much better.

Date of visit: November 2015
Reviewed 30 October 2015 via mobile

With lack of choice this was a last minute Sunday night desperation meal. My husband will refer to this night as the night he ate sand paper otherwise know as lemon sole. Half an hour of watching the bar maid flirt with old men and the the bar mens waste length hair trapsing in and out drinks is heavily embedded on my retinas and the sand paper fish is still provoking unwelcome gagging memories. Avoid if you value your taste buds, and life.

Date of visit: October 2015
1  Thank SimoneBelcher
Reviewed 21 October 2015 via mobile

Stayed up the hill at the highland lodge hotel and walked down for food. Despite the typical Scottish weather it was well worth it. Staff were very helpful and set us up a tab for drinks before dinner. Good was good quality and very well priced. Highly recommended!

Date of visit: October 2015