“Nice little chippy”

The Beachcomber fish & chip shop
Ranked #9 of 18 Restaurants in Gairloch
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Looking at all the other reviews this little chippy seems to lack consistency. We called in at around 7.00 pm last week for a fish supper. We did have around a fifteen minute wait but the fish was tasty & I have to say the chips were excellent. So four stars from me & I would definitely call again if in Gairloch.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Despite reading a lot of negative reviews and seeing we were on holiday I thought I would give this chippy a go! I am one of those who likes crispy batter (each to his own) and was not disappointed very nice and crispy batter and a very nice meal in general. Portion size was good, the only criticism I would have would be the wait, lack of friendly service and there seemed to be a lack of organisation from the staff in general. However I would go again as the quality of food was good in our experience!

Reviewed 25 June 2014

This is the second takeaway that we have had from here and I can say it was miles better than than the first! Very enjoyable fish and chips and they have obviously taken on board the comments about portion size ! Will definately return if standards carry on improving as they have done.

1  Thank breagha88
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Visited the chippy whilst on holiday with the family. Superb value for money, excellent fish and chips, great value and highly recommended. Good friendly staff and had a chance to meet the owner (new owners recently apparently) and what a lovely bloke so will recommend and re-visit.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Bought fish and chips and scampi and chips to take out with one other person waiting in there before us. The place feels tired and looks a bit grubby. Waited over half an hour for our food and then it turned out to be a real disappointment. There was a very unpleasant taste to them, like the oil was really old. The chips were hard (not hard as in crispy, but hard as in very overcooked) and so was the fish batter. The scampi was a mahogany brown colour, nothing like I have seen in my life before. Couldn't finish them, pretty disgusting.