“awful food”

The Beachcomber fish & chip shop
Ranked #9 of 18 Restaurants in Gairloch
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Over cooked haddock , over cooked frozen chips and curry sauce like water and expensive , don't waste your money

Reviewed 9 August 2014

We were staying close by and didn't really fancy a restaurant meal and saw a sign by the road for here.
Not being too hungry we didn't order too much, and its a good job we didn't !!
The portions are truly enormous. Huge !
And its the best curry sauce I ever had anywhere !
The girls were chatty and friendly, very interesting conversation and it was definitely one of the best chip shop meals we ever had anywhere. Oh and there is a nice little seating area as well.
Brilliant !

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Looking at all the other reviews this little chippy seems to lack consistency. We called in at around 7.00 pm last week for a fish supper. We did have around a fifteen minute wait but the fish was tasty & I have to say the chips were excellent. So four stars from me & I would definitely call again if in Gairloch.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Despite reading a lot of negative reviews and seeing we were on holiday I thought I would give this chippy a go! I am one of those who likes crispy batter (each to his own) and was not disappointed very nice and crispy batter and a very nice meal in general. Portion size was good, the only criticism I would have would be the wait, lack of friendly service and there seemed to be a lack of organisation from the staff in general. However I would go again as the quality of food was good in our experience!

Reviewed 25 June 2014

This is the second takeaway that we have had from here and I can say it was miles better than than the first! Very enjoyable fish and chips and they have obviously taken on board the comments about portion size ! Will definately return if standards carry on improving as they have done.

1  Thank breagha88