Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews shellfish hot tub local area beautiful location cabin ian tide dubh otters accommodation insight loch snug
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 September 2022

Absolutely stunning scenery and beautiful location. Lovely hosts, accommodation, hot tub, shellfish safari….totally relaxing and away from it all, it sets you up ready to return to ‘normal’ life! Thoroughly recommended for families or single travellers like me.

Date of stay: September 2022
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 11 September 2022 via mobile

We had the absolute pleasure of staying on Dry Island this year, it's something we had been planning to do for ages due to COVID. It was really worth the wait.
The accomodation was well equipped and the hosts Jess and Iain and family were friendly and very knowledgeable about wild swimming in the area.
I was able to wild swim in the loch off the island and taking an early morning dip as the sun rose was so so special. Often I'd see seals hanging out on the rocks nearby too.
I would also recommend the sea safari - a real insight into fishing and why sustainability is so important.

Thank you - again for helping us make fantastic memories for myself, hubby and our teenagers

Date of stay: September 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2022 via mobile

The area is just exquisite with a small quiet town surrounding it. The island has everything you could wish for and many things to do and explore. The cabins itself are cozy especially the captains cabin with a lovely living area, hot tub and a snug bed room. Overall amazing experience would recommend

Date of stay: July 2022
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Ben F
Reviewed 9 July 2022

Having booked our stay way back in February and paid our deposit, we then booked the rest of our holiday around this … ferries, other accommodation and attractions.

I received a phone call earlier this week to say that the hosts are having to cancel our stay due to another commitment… 3 weeks prior to our holiday… another booking changing their date!! A contract they are stuck in??? Our booking clearly doesn’t feel like a contract or commitment they value!

Sadly, I believe, pound signs have taken the lead here which is such a shame as that will come and go whereas loyal customers would return and spread the word bringing custom to you and your local area.

We have sadly been unable to book anywhere else in the area therefore changing our plans… The Cairngorms can have our money … sorry to all of the local places that are now missing out.

We loved Gairloch when we’ve visited in the past so would highly recommend people going there but do think long and hard about booking this place without having a back up plan in place, especially if it falls in the middle of a road trip as you will be left with minimal options far from home.

Hugely disappointed and let down. The offer of ‘free shellfish’ just doesn’t compensate the frustration and added stress you’ve caused. We definitely feel shaken…not stirred.

Date of stay: July 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank D8258TGhelenr
Ian McWhinney, Owner at Dry Island, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2022

Hi, thank you for your review, I'm really sorry I had to cancel you booking however I would point out that 3 weeks is not last minute, I spoke to you personally and had various other places that were available that you could have booked , in fact I bent over backwards to help you, I did not leave you in the learch I'm sorry that you feel hugely disappointed and stressed and that your whole holiday was ruined and that you had to rearrange everything, unfortunately you have not told the whole story, no deposit was ever received from you, and you were only booked in for 2 nights, I'm amazed that your holiday was so blighted by having a host that personally got in touch with you offered to find you alternative accommodation 3 weeks before you came on holiday can be vilified, but obviously yours standards are much higher than mine, I hope you have wonderful holiday in the Cairngorms there gain is my loss cheers ian

Reviewed 20 March 2022 via mobile

We stayed here for an anniversary week. Finding it is simple, but getting over to the Island is quite the walk. But for us, that made it part of the adventure and uniqueness of the break. Ian and his kids were wonderfully polite and kept checking if we needed anything when we saw them. Otter Cabin itself is small, but snug, well thought out, and perfect for what you want and need. The hot tub is a very well sized, good quality one. The ONLY thing I would’ve changed about it was the overhanging branches dropping needles, but hey, the trees were there first.
Watching the tide come in and go out is fascinating just feet from your door.
Seeing Dubh every day was great, beautiful wee boy! Saw White tailed sea eagle, and the wife saw an otter.

Date of stay: November 2021