I have just returned from a visit to family and stayed overnight at the Affcot Lodge. Although my parents had previously stayed there, it was my first visit. We checked-in en route, and we were given our keys in case we didn't get back until late. Our rooms were delightful, tastefully decorated, very clean throughout, with curtains that kept out the light (although at this time of year it wasn't a problem). There was plenty of storage cupboards if needed. Flat screen tv with FreeView channels and the usual tea/coffee making facilities were all included. The beds were made up nicely and speaking for my own, it was very comfortable and I had an excellent night's sleep. There were plenty of available sockets to cope with the technology that accompanies most of us when we travel these days. The en suite bathroom was spacious and warm, with fresh, clean towels, naturally!
It was lovely to have the space in the room for when I needed my wheelchair, and certainly being able to move around the bathroom was great, rather than only just having space to take a step in either direction.
On a personal note....a grab rail/handle in the shower would be an extremely useful addition.
We ate in the bar, choosing a snack rather than a full meal. This was delicious and served quickly, again, for me, it was good that we didn't have to move to a table but we could enjoy our snacks where we had been sitting in the bar. Breakfast offered a good choice, juice; cereals, yogurt, fresh fruit, along with tradition full English and of course toast etc.
Paul, the manager, his wife and all the staff with which we had contact were professional, polite, friendly and willing to make sure that we had everything that we needed to enjoy our stay.
I will certainly recommend the Affcot Lodge to friends & family and I will be looking forward to my next visit to family, so that I can again experience the comfort and friendliness that the Affcot Lodges offers its visitors.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Formally called the Travellers Rest, The Affcot Lodge has changed ownership and has undergone substantial refurbishment. It reopened for business on 1st July 2011 and is owned and now managed by Chris and Wendy and there loyal team.Situated in Upper Affcot on the A49 between Church Stretton and Craven Arms the Affcot Lodge Hotel offers comfortable upgraded accommodation, extensive bar facilities, daily menus, fresh local produce, and Sunday Carvery. Whether you are local, or planning a visit to South Shropshire soon, the Lodge is the ideal place to stop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Odigeo, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Affcot Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Affcot Hotel Church Stretton
- Affcot Lodge Church Stretton, Shropshire