“Excellent 1st time Stay”
Review of Affcot Lodge

Affcot Lodge
Ranked #16 of 22 Church Stretton B&B and Inns
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Excellent 1st time Stay”
Reviewed 6 January 2013

I have just returned from a visit to family and stayed overnight at the Affcot Lodge. Although my parents had previously stayed there, it was my first visit. We checked-in en route, and we were given our keys in case we didn't get back until late. Our rooms were delightful, tastefully decorated, very clean throughout, with curtains that kept out the light (although at this time of year it wasn't a problem). There was plenty of storage cupboards if needed. Flat screen tv with FreeView channels and the usual tea/coffee making facilities were all included. The beds were made up nicely and speaking for my own, it was very comfortable and I had an excellent night's sleep. There were plenty of available sockets to cope with the technology that accompanies most of us when we travel these days. The en suite bathroom was spacious and warm, with fresh, clean towels, naturally!

It was lovely to have the space in the room for when I needed my wheelchair, and certainly being able to move around the bathroom was great, rather than only just having space to take a step in either direction.
On a personal note....a grab rail/handle in the shower would be an extremely useful addition.

We ate in the bar, choosing a snack rather than a full meal. This was delicious and served quickly, again, for me, it was good that we didn't have to move to a table but we could enjoy our snacks where we had been sitting in the bar. Breakfast offered a good choice, juice; cereals, yogurt, fresh fruit, along with tradition full English and of course toast etc.

Paul, the manager, his wife and all the staff with which we had contact were professional, polite, friendly and willing to make sure that we had everything that we needed to enjoy our stay.

I will certainly recommend the Affcot Lodge to friends & family and I will be looking forward to my next visit to family, so that I can again experience the comfort and friendliness that the Affcot Lodges offers its visitors.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Julie W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
England
Reviewed 12 December 2012

I stayed here on a short break, wanting a place to relax and close enough to ludlow to do some christmas shopping. As i was on my own i wanted somewhere i felt comfortable and after looking at the reviews i decided affcot lodge was worth a shot. emma and her husband made my feel welcome from the moment i walked in...they could not do enough to make me feel at home and looked after. my room was fantastic-absolutely nothing i would change, the breakfasts were brilliant...they fully cater for vegetarians which was like a dream. the food in their restaurant was lovely. I absolutely cannot fault affcot lodge...I feel like a very lucky person to have been so well cared and catered for. you get over and above here , i cannot reccomend this place enough. I will definitely be returning xx

• Stayed December 2012
Staffordshire
Reviewed 1 November 2012

We didn't stay here but ate an evening meal here recently and were pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food. There was a good choice of pub style meals and both my husband and I opted for something from the specials board as a main course. We were really pleased with both our choices; portion size was good and the quality of the food was excellent. The service was quick and the waitress very friendly and welcoming. If we are in the area again, we would definitely come here again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank teabag80
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 October 2012

group booking for walking club- everyone enjoyed it good food lovely rooms freindly heplful staff no complaints, good location for walking in Church Stretton area, plenty places to visit, nice Bar area to relax in the evening

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank pamela b
Formby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 October 2012

We recently stayed at Affcot Lodge and had a brilliant time. From the moment we arrived until the moment we left, we had efficient and friendly service. The room was warm and comfortable and the food was excellent. The lodge is in an interesting area with plenty of places to visit. Highlights were Stokesay Castle, the Stiperstones and Bog Mine cafe and Ludlow.
The service went on beyond our visit! We left a battery charger behind and this was sent to us straight away and by 1st Class post. Thanks to everyone.

Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
paul b, Manager at Affcot Lodge, responded to this review, 26 October 2012
Thank you for your comments. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. I am glad the charger got to you safety! Paul
Southport, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 October 2012

Stayed at the Lodge for four nights with our Fell Walking Club,could not fault anything,the rooms the food the beer all great value. The staff could not have been better,nothing was to much trouble Paul the manager and Helen and all the staff. Would highly recommend Affcot Lodge to all, plus the walking in the area is wonderfull.

Room Tip: If light sleepers choose rooms furthest from road.