Such a shame, but our experience here was not the best, mostly due to the fact the heating system had broken down & unfortunately we'd picked a cold weekend!! However, the staff were very pleasant, the rooms were adequate, though our upstairs one was much nicer than our friend's downstairs one.Food in restaurant was nice, but we only ate there once as was a bit too quiet for us, being Sunday/Monday/Tuesday we were there. The Proprietor's have a pub in Little Stretton so we went there for 2 evening meals Lovely food & they very graciously knocked our drink prices off the bill for the unfortunate incident with the heating, which was a very nice gesture. Breakfasts a bit hit & miss, hard poached eggs every morning, & various things forgotten, but not enough cause to complain
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Formally called the Travellers Rest, The Affcot Lodge has changed ownership and has undergone substantial refurbishment. It reopened for business on 1st July 2011 and is owned and now managed by Chris and Wendy and there loyal team.Situated in Upper Affcot on the A49 between Church Stretton and Craven Arms the Affcot Lodge Hotel offers comfortable upgraded accommodation, extensive bar facilities, daily menus, fresh local produce, and Sunday Carvery. Whether you are local, or planning a visit to South Shropshire soon, the Lodge is the ideal place to stop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Affcot Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Affcot Hotel Church Stretton
- Affcot Lodge Church Stretton, Shropshire