The Affcot Lodge staff are wonderful and couldn't be friendlier. Nothing is too much trouble and they were all very welcoming. Breakfasts were good and we were offered more if we wanted seconds for a full cooked breakfast! The hotel is a pub too and our friends who live locally say the meals there are very good although we didn't try any. The location seems poor at first glance as it is right on the main road A49, but we found that an advantage as it was easy to find and easy to get to different places. The double glazing in the rooms meant that any noise from outside was blocked, so it was quiet at night. Rooms are very clean, not the height of luxury but the prices are so reasonable, it is definitely worth a stay. Very comfortable bed, good tea tray with biscuits too. We would go back without hesitation. We heartily recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Formally called the Travellers Rest, The Affcot Lodge has changed ownership and has undergone substantial refurbishment. It reopened for business on 1st July 2011 and is owned and now managed by Chris and Wendy and there loyal team.Situated in Upper Affcot on the A49 between Church Stretton and Craven Arms the Affcot Lodge Hotel offers comfortable upgraded accommodation, extensive bar facilities, daily menus, fresh local produce, and Sunday Carvery. Whether you are local, or planning a visit to South Shropshire soon, the Lodge is the ideal place to stop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Affcot Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Affcot Hotel Church Stretton
- Affcot Lodge Church Stretton, Shropshire