Having read some of the previous reviews I was a liitle concerned so I contacted the hotel for an assurance that all would be well, especially as this was a new Year break with friends. The manager I sopke to Mark McNicoll was proffesionalism personified, he invited us to visit the hotel in advance to ensure the rooms were up to standard. We have previously dined at the Hotel on several occasions so had no issue with the food or service. Mark showed us several rooms and we also asked to see others he had not selected so the choice was random and not pre-empted by the hotel. All the rooms passed the test. they were clean, roomy and had excellent sized bathrooms. The stay proved to be enjoyable with an very good dinner menu and a Jazz band and seperate disco providing a nice choice of after dinner entertainment. Breakfast for me was not an issue but I am aware that several people did moan about the delay in servicing the buffet. The hotel is an old building with history in a wonderful part of Shropshire and is well worth a visit and stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Longmynd dates from the early 1900s and originally attracted Edwardian visitors to the 'Little Switzerland' of Church Stretton. With a magnificent hill-top location, there are panoramic views of the surrounding hills from the dining room and our lounges. Today the Longmynd has been extensively modernised to suit the needs of visitors. We offer spacious bedrooms, fabulous food and spacious lounges to relax in. Our extensive gardens and woodland walk are both relaxing places to explore. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Longmynd reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Longmynd Hotel Church Stretton
- Hotel Longmynd
- The Longmynd Church Stretton, Shropshire