After a false start and 2 room changes (loo wasn't working in one) we were upgraded to a suite and this was great. Big bathroom, own sitting room and bedroom, very comfy indeed. We would pay the extra for a suite next time, well worth it for the space. Hotel looks tired outside, but lovely lovely location, and very friendly helpful staff. Restaurant was excellent on each of the 3 nights. Food was beautifully presented and each of our choices was interesting and tasty, without being whacky! Breakfast was substantial and all food served really hot and freshly prepared. And free wifi was a welcome bonus. Very nice stay. The dinner bed and breakfast deal was great value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Longmynd dates from the early 1900s and originally attracted Edwardian visitors to the 'Little Switzerland' of Church Stretton. With a magnificent hill-top location, there are panoramic views of the surrounding hills from the dining room and our lounges. Today the Longmynd has been extensively modernised to suit the needs of visitors. We offer spacious bedrooms, fabulous food and spacious lounges to relax in. Our extensive gardens and woodland walk are both relaxing places to explore. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Longmynd reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Longmynd Hotel Church Stretton
- Hotel Longmynd
- The Longmynd Church Stretton, Shropshire