This hotel is in a fabulous location, particularly if you are a walker, and has a very friendly relaxed atmosphere. The staff are very pleasant and helpful and the breakfast was excellent. We ate in the hotel restaurant for evening meals which we thought was very good value. Thursday evening was Italian night and we had two courses for £10 each, Friday we had steak, chips, veg & peppercorn sauce plus a glass of wine for £14 each.
However, at the moment there are renovations being carried out to the exterior of the hotel which spoilt what would have been a lovely view from our room.
We stayed with a kgb deal, which was excellent value, but would have been disappointed if we had paid the full price for the room as it is at the moment. We were disappointed that they wanted to charge us £120 more to stay an extra night.
We would definately recommend this hotel, and may stay here again, but not until the scaffolding comes down!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Longmynd dates from the early 1900s and originally attracted Edwardian visitors to the 'Little Switzerland' of Church Stretton. With a magnificent hill-top location, there are panoramic views of the surrounding hills from the dining room and our lounges. Today the Longmynd has been extensively modernised to suit the needs of visitors. We offer spacious bedrooms, fabulous food and spacious lounges to relax in. Our extensive gardens and woodland walk are both relaxing places to explore. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd and Priceline so you can book your The Longmynd reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Longmynd Hotel Church Stretton
- Hotel Longmynd
- The Longmynd Church Stretton, Shropshire