Just returned from 2 nights stay at this very good hotel
Although the has now been taken over predominantly for groups of walkers, we found that we were not treated as second class guests, all the staff went out of their way to accommodate our requests.
We booked dinner bed and breakfast, the breakfast was a Shropshire cooked or continental or combination of both, dinner starts with sitting in lounge or bar area at time you select to eat to have drinks and select what you want of the menu, once starters are ready you are taken though to your table
The menu has 6 choices per course, the quantity and quality of the food was exceptional
Since the hotel has changed hands all of the public areas have been redecorated and new furniture has been installed, the bed room we had (No 4) had recently been redecorated and all furniture was brand new, the views from the hotel were very good, as in previous reports the bathroom is en suite but the shower cubicle was minute!! the only way the hotel could change this would be to move the dividing wall which the cost of which would be prohibitive, there is a bathroom available on the same landing for guests to use.
We found the hotel to be clean, the old carpets in the hall outside our room has seen better days and there was a smell of damp dogs (apparently previous owners allowed dogs in guest rooms!!)
The hotel does have a heated (May to September) outdoor pool, unfortunately the only way to access is by a steep set of outside steps leading off from the lounge / dinning room, due to the hotels layout and the steep land around this could not be changed without extreme costs
Traveling to the hotel is and experience in its self as the road up to hotel is extremely dangerous!
Very narrow in places vehicles parked inconsiderately and as for the hair pin bend!!
There is limited car parking in front of the hotel which is at quite a slope and care needs to be taken when parking
All in all a very good experience, would recommend and will return
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Longmynd dates from the early 1900s and originally attracted Edwardian visitors to the 'Little Switzerland' of Church Stretton. With a magnificent hill-top location, there are panoramic views of the surrounding hills from the dining room and our lounges. Today the Longmynd has been extensively modernised to suit the needs of visitors. We offer spacious bedrooms, fabulous food and spacious lounges to relax in. Our extensive gardens and woodland walk are both relaxing places to explore. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Expedia, Odigeo and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Longmynd reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Longmynd Hotel Church Stretton
- Hotel Longmynd
- The Longmynd Church Stretton, Shropshire