We booked for 8 nights. We hoped to repeat a lovely holiday taken there under previous management. They are not now interested in individual guests. We did not realize that not being part of a group meant we had to eat in a separate dining room with minimal service. Meals constantly disturbed by walkers going past our table to their own dining room, where there were several members of staff in attendance. On the 3rd morning I had to walk out to reception to ask if someone could serve us. We were brought a pot of tea, but I had to ask for cups and milk! It would have been difficult for them to show less care or interest. Reception staff were apologetic, but all priorities were for those who wore jeans and hiking boots and had booked as part of an organised party through HF Holidays, who, it seems, now run the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Longmynd dates from the early 1900s and originally attracted Edwardian visitors to the 'Little Switzerland' of Church Stretton. With a magnificent hill-top location, there are panoramic views of the surrounding hills from the dining room and our lounges. Today the Longmynd has been extensively modernised to suit the needs of visitors. We offer spacious bedrooms, fabulous food and spacious lounges to relax in. Our extensive gardens and woodland walk are both relaxing places to explore. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Ebookers, LateRooms, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Longmynd reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Longmynd Hotel Church Stretton
- Hotel Longmynd
- The Longmynd Church Stretton, Shropshire