My husband and I stayed here for a mini honeymoon for a week. We stayed in the stable block, and were delighted. It was nice to have modern stylish decor, yet still retaining some of the old features. What stunning views! As the electric gates open, the view took my breath away, every-time!
Location - It is a short walk to Porlock Weir. We ate at Andrews on the weir (expensive, but nice for a special night), and the bottom Ship pub (value for money home cooked pub food). To get into the village it is about a 40minute walk, or a few minutes in the car. There is loads to do in the area, be it driving, or walking. We visited Dunster, and Dunster Castle, drove to Woolacombe for a beautiful beach and went to Brendon for a famous cream tea. There is so much to do you wont get board!
Value for money - Whilst there are places that are cheaper in and around Porlock, they do not look a patch on this modern apartment. I definitely think it is value for money.
Thanks to Caroline & Christopher for looking after us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Chapel Knap Accommodation - spectacular sea views, luxurious barn conversion and cottage, Exmoor National Park. Our top-quality 5-star self-catering apartments overlooking Porlock Weir and the bay offer couples and families a unique coastal get-away with breathtaking sea views. We offer 3 separate units: The Coach House, The Stable Block, St. Anthony's Cottage. All have been converted into luxurious accommodation with no expense spared. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Chapel Knap Accommodation reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chapel Knap Hotel Porlock Weir
- Chapel Knap Accommodation Porlock Weir, Somerset