Felt like we were staying in the home of a rather grand and eccentric old friend. Warm, cosy, faded and a bit threadbare in a nice way. Staff welcoming and friendly. Room had everything we wanted, bed big and comfortable.
Good breakfast, flexible options. Lovely location. Great for a couple of days get-away, especially off season - perfect for long coastal walk and wet and windy afternoon reading by the fire. Background music not my personal taste but low volume and I dare say they would have changed it had I asked.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For over 200 years the Anchor has served Porlock Weir's 15th-century harbor for sailors, walkers and huntsmen alike. Where Exmoor meets the sea, Porlock Weir is an idyllic working harbor with stunning coastal views. Martin Miller together with his daughter Tanya have created a hunting lodge by the sea. This 14-bedroom hotel is crammed with Martin's antiques and curiosities. The Anchor has all the hallmarks of his unique style. Roaring log fires, candlelit sensuality, books by the thousand and bowls of fruit and sweets, all washed down with a Millers award winning Gin and tonic. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Book Direct Rooms and Ebookers so you can book your Millers At The Anchor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Millers At The Anchor Hotel Porlock
- Millers At The Anchor Porlock Weir, Somerset