So much to complement them on but here are the highlights. The staff are welcoming and the service is excellent. The rooms are well appointed but a bit on the small side. Bathroom is modern and clean but again a bit tight. Breakfast is excellent. Evening menu is also good and my fillet steak was superb. Lounge area is comfortable and there is also a mini-library. The hotel is dog friendly with just the restaurant being off limits.
If you want or like old world charm or are looking for somewhere nice to stay with your dogs, this is a great choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For over 200 years the Anchor has served Porlock Weir's 15th-century harbor for sailors, walkers and huntsmen alike. Where Exmoor meets the sea, Porlock Weir is an idyllic working harbor with stunning coastal views. Martin Miller together with his daughter Tanya have created a hunting lodge by the sea. This 14-bedroom hotel is crammed with Martin's antiques and curiosities. The Anchor has all the hallmarks of his unique style. Roaring log fires, candlelit sensuality, books by the thousand and bowls of fruit and sweets, all washed down with a Miller's award-winning gin and tonic. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Book Direct Rooms, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Millers at the Anchor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Millers At The Anchor Hotel Porlock
- The Millers At The Anchor Porlock Weir, Somerset