We LOVED staying here, we had a room with a view of the harbour and a comfy four poster bed. The staff were lovely and even though they were learning english on the job they tried very hard. We had a lovely meal on the Friday night (18.4.14) with great service and a view of the tide coming in. The building is stuffed full of antiques with a comfy lounge and library stuffed full of books and games. The only minor point is that our room needed better and darker curtains for summer (we always wear eye masks anyway) and some of the paint needed touching up BUT these are only minor points - I would not hesitate to go back to this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For over 200 years the Anchor has served Porlock Weir's 15th-century harbor for sailors, walkers and huntsmen alike. Where Exmoor meets the sea, Porlock Weir is an idyllic working harbor with stunning coastal views. Martin Miller together with his daughter Tanya have created a hunting lodge by the sea. This 14-bedroom hotel is crammed with Martin's antiques and curiosities. The Anchor has all the hallmarks of his unique style. Roaring log fires, candlelit sensuality, books by the thousand and bowls of fruit and sweets, all washed down with a Millers award winning Gin and tonic. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Book Direct Rooms, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Millers At The Anchor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Millers At The Anchor Hotel Porlock
- Millers At The Anchor Porlock Weir, Somerset