We stayed here for 2 nights in April 2014. I booked the hotel via secret escapes but a short while before going had to change our travel dates. I contacted the hotel and the booking was changed with no problem. We stayed in Room 6,a corner room, harbour view, four posted bed and the quaintest room possible. Two big armchairs fill the bay window which we turned around to face out to take in the view. Sipping a Miller's gin and tonic from the comfort of these chairs, admiring the view was heaven. We ate in the hotel and the food was good but a little pricey. The staff are so friendly and although we did have a few Fawlty Tower moments ( every time we walked into reception they thought we were another couple) it just added to the quirkiness The walks from the hotel are not challenging but great for a short break and the views wonderful. The hotel is full of old pictures, statues and the lighting at night is complimented by candles. We had a wonderful time and will return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For over 200 years the Anchor has served Porlock Weir's 15th-century harbor for sailors, walkers and huntsmen alike. Where Exmoor meets the sea, Porlock Weir is an idyllic working harbor with stunning coastal views. Martin Miller together with his daughter Tanya have created a hunting lodge by the sea. This 14-bedroom hotel is crammed with Martin's antiques and curiosities. The Anchor has all the hallmarks of his unique style. Roaring log fires, candlelit sensuality, books by the thousand and bowls of fruit and sweets, all washed down with a Millers award winning Gin and tonic. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Book Direct Rooms, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Millers At The Anchor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Millers At The Anchor Hotel Porlock
- Millers At The Anchor Porlock Weir, Somerset