Had a long weekend in early July. The location is fantastic as was the view fom our bedroom (room 5). The staff are really friendly and there is a great atmosphere. The real ale festival was on next door which was an added bonus. The breakfasts were very good. We had an evening meal on our first night which although it was very good was very expensive with an added 10% service charge. The en suite bathroom was of a good size and modern although it took an age for the water to get hot enough for a shower. I would recommend this hotel for a relaxing break.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For over 200 years the Anchor has served Porlock Weir's 15th-century harbor for sailors, walkers and huntsmen alike. Where Exmoor meets the sea, Porlock Weir is an idyllic working harbor with stunning coastal views. Martin Miller together with his daughter Tanya have created a hunting lodge by the sea. This 14-bedroom hotel is crammed with Martin's antiques and curiosities. The Anchor has all the hallmarks of his unique style. Roaring log fires, candlelit sensuality, books by the thousand and bowls of fruit and sweets, all washed down with a Millers award winning Gin and tonic. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Book Direct Rooms, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, LateRooms, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Millers At The Anchor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Millers At The Anchor Hotel Porlock
- Millers At The Anchor Porlock Weir, Somerset