“Location amazing watch them mussels”

Miller's at the Anchor Restaurant
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Eat here twice both times had the mussels. The location was fantastic what a spot the weather was amazing which helps as I sat outside both times. The furniture was very nice and the services was good except both time the waiter could not really understand me and brought the wrong drinks out. The first mussels were great lovely sauce chips were crispy but need some bread. Unfortunately the second visit was most different the sauce didn't taste as good and the mussels went cold within minutes don't think the bowls had been warmed the waiter again delivered the wrong drinks .never mind the setting was fantastic cider was refreshing and was overall good value!!! Two hours later was in a whole world of pain,my lunch was making a quick return to the see!!! coming out of both ends for over five hours !! Oh my god mussels are my favourite but I can't see me eating them again for a while

2  Thank peter p

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We sat outside on the patio overlooking the harbour in glorious sunshine. Miller's specialises in fish and we weren't disappointed with ours.

1  Thank G W
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Arrived in sunny Porlock Weir at lunchtime and decided to sit outside Miller's to share and enjoy their seafood platter. The furniture was clean enough, the service prompt and friendly, the view wonderful, and the food didn't disappoint.
The sun canopy almost took my head off when it suddenly parted company with its base and came crashing down. Thankfully we had already finished the food and drink, and weren't charged extra for the entertainment.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Arriving at Porlock Weir on the last day of our hectic but happy holiday we were rather surprised to see so many people there, but were lucky to slot into a parking space as another visitor left. We then discovered that it was Beer Festival day, which accounted for the extra volume of visitors. A jolly atmosphere prevailed, but it did mean that there was great competition for tables at the dining options. There was absolutely no chance of a table for 5 at The Ship, and similarly outside Miller's. But on peering through the window we saw that the large airy restaurant had only a sprinkling of diners at the tables. On entering we were warmly greeted and shown to a large table already lain with crisp linen tablecloth and sparkling glasses.

Our order for drinks was taken promptly, and we were given reasonable time to choose from the lunch menu, before the very pleasant waitress returned to take our order. It was a joy to sit in this oasis of calm and enjoy cool drinks while we relaxed as we waited for the meal to be served. We also noticed the contrast to the outside dining area, which seemed to be hectic and very, very crowded.

The meal was served without undue delay, and the whole party of five agreed that this had been a most pleasant refuge from the hot sun, the crowds outside, and the marauding gulls. The service and food was excellent. The prices were reasonable, and we were pleased to note that the jug of iced water requested, was provided without charge. Which sadly, is not always the case. Final touch for our granddaughter was the handful of wrapped, boiled sweets that accompanied the bill.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

Visited Millers for Dinner with friends recently, this was probably my tenth visit at least. Love this place for it's bizarre and quirky decor, friendly staff and good food. I had the rack of lamb followed by chocolate brownie and it was lovely!
I have never had a bad experience here, whether it's been lunch, dinner or just tea and cake of an afternoon. Especially nice to visit in the winter when the log fires and candles are lit!