Locanda on the Weir
US$87
US$84
Travelocity
Dunkery Beacon Hotel(Wootton Courtenay)
US$119
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Marston Lodge Hotel(Minehead)
Priceline
All reviewstravelzoo dealoysterssea foodan overnight staysea viewjacuzzi bathexcellent breakfastfresh milkdining roomwonderful foodlovely placepuddingwarm welcomefour poster bedstayed for one nightbeautiful roomcooked to perfection
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Took advantage of a Travelzoo Offer which included Seafood Dinner with overnight stay and breakfast. Would recommend The Cafe without hesitation and would certainly go back. Extremely friendly staff who made us feel very welcome. Nice surroundings and very comfortable room. Superb Seafood Dinner, every flavour could be tasted and the attention to detail with the accompanients to each course was incredible. Excellent breakfast, my porridge with drambuie and caramelised bananas was to die for!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Elizabeth A
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Arrived yesterday to this hotel. We had prepaid through our agent.Sour reception and unwelcoming. Had asked for early breakfast and was told I had been telephoned and a message left saying breakfast was at 08.30. If I wanted something earlier they could leave me a sandwich outside my room!!!! I pushed back saying I wanted breakfast and not a sandwich and she sighed and said that would mean the staff having to get in early and Did I really want her to ask the chef to do that!!!!! I asked her to do that and she said she would give me an answer at dinner that night( we had pre booked a table). We sat in our plain and poorly styled room and decided not to stay. When I left she told me that the chef had agreed to do breakfast at 08.00. I told her she should attempt some customer service in their offering.

The hotel had scaffolding up at the entrance and we ate there years ago when it traded as Andrews on the Weir and now under the same ownership trades poorly as the cafe. I wonder why???

Telling everyone I know to avoid it like the plague.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
Reviewed 25 September 2013

My daughter and her fiance purchased us an overnight stay with the 5 course seafood menu as a present. Wonderful food, a truly talented chef who deserves a Michelin star.
Excellent service and beautiful location overlooking the sea. We had a huge room with a four poster spotlessly clean and comfortable.
Small and intimate with attention to detail in the dining room. Breakfast also a treat with best Kenyan coffee we have been given in an hotel.
Can highly recommend. This is the first review I have completed on any establishment!

Room Tip: Must ask for a room with sea views
Reviewed 24 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed overnight on a travel zoo deal and was absolutely delighted with such a wonderful little gem of a fine!
The staff were very accommodating and an enthusiastic and certainly made you feel very welcome.
The food well what can I say it was absolutely superb the chef was clearly very passionate about his food and every dish was a genuine delight... We would certainly come back!
Wes & Marie Woltman

Reviewed 22 September 2013

On the 20th September 2013 my wife and I stayed for one night on a Travel Zoo deal at the The Café Porlock Weir. This was a fish taster evening with an overnight stay. The dinner was excellent with a nice wine to go with it. The breakfast in the morning was again excellent. Our room over looked the water across to Wales.
The hotel is small and an old building but all you need was there. This is a quiet stay due to the capacity of the hotel which suited us fine. The little village was nice with the harbour and pub The Bottom Ship. ( good salmon salad for lunch!) Sarah and the staff we saw in the hotel were friendly and service was fine. We would stay there again.