I was treated to a Sunday night stay and spa day for my birthday recently. My husband had booked a spa suite, in the new spa building, which was definitely worth the extra. The rooms in the main old hotel building are lovely in a very traditional, country house way, with bags of character, four-poster beds and creaky floors. However, they can seem dated or tired depending on which you get. In the very contemporary spa building, the rooms are lovely - spacious, modern, clean, beautifully laid out with amazing large bathrooms and a lovely semi-private outdoor area which would be great in the summer.
The spa treatments aren't cheap but they are lovely, as are the women who pamper you there. The one caveat with the spa is that sometimes the reception staff are not on the ball as much as you would hope - tables are cleared slowly, rubbish and used towels are left to accumulate. It's a shame, as this is the only thing which prevents this spa being perfect
The Michelin-starred restaurant did not disappoint - very good service and excellent food. The bar is cosy and friendly, and according to my husband, they make a very good martini.
Only one gripe - while we were there they were working on resurfacing the drive and car parks, which are in need of repair. We didn't mind the mess, but I did object to not being told that they were going to close the spa carpark while I was there. But for a chance conversation at the spa reception and the kindly intervention of the spa manager, I would either have been trapped in the hotel for another night or forced to move my car in a spa dressing gown! Not good communication.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ockenden Manor is a charming and tranquil Elizabethan Manor House tucked away in Cuckfield, one of the prettiest Tudor villages in England. With its history and character, elegant sitting room warmed by a roaring log fire and cosy, wood panelled bar, it's a wonderful place to escape to and yet it is just an hour from London and 20 minutes drive from Gatwick. The hotel is set in nine acres of peaceful gardens and parkland with views across the West Sussex countryside to the South Downs and some of the great gardens and stately homes of Sussex and Kent are within easy reach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Evoline ltd, Priceline and Hotel.de so you can book your Ockenden Manor Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ockenden Manor Hotel And Spa
- Ockenden Manor Hotel Cuckfield
- Ockenden Manor Cuckfield
- Hotel Ockenden Manor
- Ockenden Manor Hotel & Spa Cuckfield, West Sussex