I live relatively near to Ockenden Manor and have always loved staying there with my husband or eating in the restaurant for a special occasion. Service has always been excellent in the main hotel and food quality brilliant.
On this occasion the restaurant also lived up to all our expectations, food wonderful and service very attentive but not obtrusive.
This time was my first experience of the spa. I was there with 7 friends, for one of them's hen weekend. We stayed in 3 adjoining rooms in the spa block. The rooms are beautifully designed, very modern and well equipped (even a Nespresso coffee machine in the room!) and spacious enough for 3 in a room. We loved having a big shared balcony outside. The spa is absolutely lovely with amazing facilities and we were particularly fortunate to have good weather. The place is well designed inside and out. Coffee /tea are available to help yourself to all day.
On arrival we were told our rooms were ready but had the embarrassing experience of being taken to our rooms only to find they were still occupied! (We were there before 2pm however and indeed were not expecting them to be ready until they said they were unexpectedly). Unfortunately there continued to be a few mix ups during our stay such as no record of at least one of the treatments booked and time changes. Towels were not ready in lockers as we were told they would be. The food we ordered by the pool took much longer than expected dispite giving staff lots of notice that one of us had a treatment in 1 1/2 hours time. Generally service in the spa area seemed disorganised and inattentive. There seemed to be a lack of clear management direction and allocated roles. Maybe there has been change of management?
During our stay It was rather busy (Friday- Saturday) and we wanted to have sun beds next to each other. One particular spa attendant was very helpful and did make sure we had everything we needed.
Our treatments were mostly of very good standard.
Overall we would go back as we had a great time and there were more positives than negatives. However we felt that service in the spa needed to be addressed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ockenden Manor is a charming and tranquil Elizabethan Manor House tucked away in Cuckfield, one of the prettiest Tudor villages in England. With its history and character, elegant sitting room warmed by a roaring log fire and cosy, wood panelled bar, it's a wonderful place to escape to and yet it is just an hour from London and 20 minutes drive from Gatwick. The hotel is set in nine acres of peaceful gardens and parkland with views across the West Sussex countryside to the South Downs and some of the great gardens and stately homes of Sussex and Kent are within easy reach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and Ebookers so you can book your Ockenden Manor Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ockenden Manor Hotel Cuckfield
- Ockenden Manor Hotel And Spa
- Ockenden Manor Cuckfield
- Hotel Ockenden Manor
- Ockenden Manor Hotel & Spa Cuckfield, West Sussex