I have stayed at the hotel previously and the service is consistently excellent. Three of us had supper in the restaurant and I have to say, this time the meal was sensational. We all had different first courses, main course and pudding and with out exception, we were stunned by each dish, hats off to the Chef!
The rooms are lovely, clean and elegantly furnished. If I was to make a suggestion, it would be reference the hot water, it is so hot, so quickly from the tap, that it is easy to scold yourself. I would suggest thermostatic mixer valves to set the temp or at least warning signs near the hot water outlets, to save a possible accident with a child, elderly person or some one with sensory disabilities.
Overall an excellent stay and we will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ockenden Manor is a charming and tranquil Elizabethan Manor House tucked away in Cuckfield, one of the prettiest Tudor villages in England. With its history and character, elegant sitting room warmed by a roaring log fire and cosy, wood panelled bar, it's a wonderful place to escape to and yet it is just an hour from London and 20 minutes drive from Gatwick. The hotel is set in nine acres of peaceful gardens and parkland with views across the West Sussex countryside to the South Downs and some of the great gardens and stately homes of Sussex and Kent are within easy reach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your Ockenden Manor Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ockenden Manor Hotel And Spa
- Ockenden Manor Hotel Cuckfield
- Ockenden Manor Cuckfield
- Hotel Ockenden Manor
- Ockenden Manor Hotel & Spa Cuckfield, West Sussex