We booked a sunday night special price which was Dinner, Bed & Breakfast for £168. We stayed in the room named Raymond, which features on many of their brochures.
The room has a four poster and lots of dark panelling, however as the room is on the corner of the building there are windows to both sides and the room wasn't as dark as I thought it might be.
It has a lovely ensuite with bath, shower, bidet, sink etc. Bath robes were supplied as were various toiletries etc.
There was also a seating area with 2 chairs and a flat screen tv.
Dinner was served in the restaurant. The Table d'Hote menu was a little limited with only 2 choices of starter or main course. However you could choose from the A La Carte menu for an additional £8.50. I have food allergies and the staff were happy to deal with any queries that I had.
House wine started at £19.50 per bottle.
There are some grounds outside and some tables and chairs for those summer months. However even though we went in August the weather wasn't all that.
The village itself is tiny, just a road running it through it really with a handful of shops and pubs. We had lunch in one of them a bit further up the hill (maybe the Rose & Crown?) and the food was very nice.
Overall I would recommend Ockenden Manor for a 1 of 2 night romantic break. We have also stayed at Bayliffs Court which is their sister hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ockenden Manor is a charming and tranquil Elizabethan Manor House tucked away in Cuckfield, one of the prettiest Tudor villages in England. With its history and character, elegant sitting room warmed by a roaring log fire and cosy, wood panelled bar, it's a wonderful place to escape to and yet it is just an hour from London and 20 minutes drive from Gatwick. The hotel is set in nine acres of peaceful gardens and parkland with views across the West Sussex countryside to the South Downs and some of the great gardens and stately homes of Sussex and Kent are within easy reach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your Ockenden Manor Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ockenden Manor Hotel Cuckfield
- Ockenden Manor Hotel And Spa
- Ockenden Manor Cuckfield
- Hotel Ockenden Manor
- Ockenden Manor Hotel & Spa Cuckfield, West Sussex