Wheatsheaf Inn
US$528
US$512
The Birch Hotel(Haywards Heath)
US$134
Agoda.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsthe pubhaywards heathsunday lunchtwin bedded roomroom was basic but cleansmall tvb bkippersfull english breakfastbluebell railwaystayed for two nightsmars bar cheesecakeroast beefan evening mealbusiness tripbed linenbreakfast was excellent
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Stayed here whilst on business. We received a very warm welcome, were shown to a small room on the first floor with a very snug bathroom, lots of fluffy towels, everything working and a comfy bed. We ate in the bar where the food was tasty, generous, reasonably priced and served by great staff. Breakfast was perfect, good quality ingredients cooked well.

There were two major problems staying here, the noise from the road, I only managed two hours sleep, and the member of staff who was winning the competition for the Mr Grumpy Award.

Room Tip: Take ear plugs
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Jo B
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Pub style hotel a little basic but you get a good nights sleep and breakfast is very good just what you need. We had family do at near by hotel very posh manor reviews from them staying their were not great so we are so glad we didn't waste our money and stayed at the weatsheaf inn.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 May 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on a Friday.
The bar was very busy but the young girls behind the bar saw we had bags and straight away stop serving and came to check us in.
The service from all aspects was excellent.
We ate in the restaurant and that was really big sizes and the mars bar cheese cake I can recommend as amazing.
The breakfast was lovely having choices of cooked aswell as cereals before or after.
Felt like a home from home.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 12 April 2013

I stayed at the Wheatsheaf out of necessity when we had blizzard conditions in Sussex in March. The staff were extremely accommodating and saved my the last room whilst I was stuck in gridlock traffic just outside the pub.

The food was excellent and the pub has a very friendly atmosphere, free wi-fi and good beer. My room was very comfortable with good facilities. I would definitely recommend the Wheatsheaf as a place to eat or stay. I didn't get a chance to try their breakfast as I headed straight back into the snow the following morning but only after borrowing a coat from the barman which is a testament to the excellent service.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 February 2013

Stayed his with my partner as we had to attend a party locally. I have not stayed in an Inn/Pub before so I was a little bit nervous plus the pictures on the website so not do this place justice.
Nice cosy little pub with nice clean rooms upstairs. The only negative was the shower, it was not the best but the room and breakfast where second to none.

Give it a try if staying locally

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple