Stayed here for 1 night in October, the house is absolutly lovely with lots of original features all very impressive.
What is not so impressive was the quality of our stay, you expect certain standards when staying away and in many aspects this B&B failed to live up to requirements.
Check in time is restricive 5-7 pm, the towels in the bathroom are old and really poor quality, i think an earlier reviewer sumed it up well it is like drying yourself with sandpaper. Our bathroom had mould / mildew on the walls, the welcome folder was old, torn, dirty, missing loads of information just generally a bit shabby all round.
On coming in we noticed a sign asking guests to take their rubbish home with them and leave it in the bins in the rooms....... that is a 1st (not quite sure how much rubbish they expect a room to generate), again when going away and you stay at a paying property you expect fundimental things like waste disposal not to be an issue.
I think what finished it off for us is that our room had the strongest smell of smoke, it got into all our clothes, laying there at in the evening smelling like someone in the room was smoking it just made for a generally unpleasent stay (by the way i am a smoker but this was exceptionally nasty) to cut a long story short we couldnt wait to leave and at 7.30 the next morning we were up and packing, didnt stay for breakfast and left.
To be fair the land lady called us when we got home to discuss our reasons for early departure but seemed disinterested in what we were saying, the smoking was put down to their lodger in the attaching room smoking....... as far as i am concerned as a business premises if the smoke effects customers / public this is covered in the smoking ban.
Really wouldnt recomend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Delightful Victorian Rectory, just a stroll from the beautiful village of Lacock, famous for its film location. Excellent pubs nearby. Large elegant rooms with all facilities. Beautiful views over garden. Recommended in the Independent on Sunday and Wiltshire Breakfast Award. 12 miles from Bath. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Book Direct Rooms, Priceline, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your The Old Rectory reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Old Rectory Hotel Lacock
- The Old Rectory Lacock, Wiltshire