“Home from Home”
Review of Damson Cottage

Damson Cottage
Ranked #6 of 8 Lacock B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 June 2011

I made this booking for a specific trip rather than a general visit, and have come away feeling that I definitely want to visit again.
I was given the warmest welcome and shown a delightful airy room, with all the comforts you could want. Dilly provides a friendly atmosphere, and an old fashioned helpful approach to here guests.
Breakfast was wonderful, and the overall experience has assured that I will visit again.

Thanks Dilly.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank tashilamo

Reviewed 9 May 2011

We stayed with Dilly for two nights with our two young children whilst visiting family nearby. From the start Dilly was a lovely hostess and has a fabulous cottage with a county style with modern twists. The room we had was large and both children slept well on 1 bed from DIlly and one provided by myself. The bathroom though not ensuite was very close and large with a great big bath. The cottage was cozy with lovely views, Breakfast was fantastic and plenty to eat. Children were also well catered for. Dilly was particularly helpfula and accomodating which was fantastic when travelling with two small children. We would definatley revisit! Thanks Dilly!

Room Tip: Just ask what your looking for and Dilly say!
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank AnnieinWales
Reviewed 4 April 2011

Dilly made me feel very welcome and very comfortable. Damson Cottage is a lovely place to stay. The room was beautifully appointed, warm and bright. The bed was very comfortable and I slept well.
I thoroughly enjoyed my breakfast and I'm looking forward to staying again...I have already booked!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Yoakley29
Reviewed 19 March 2011

This is my second stay at Damson Cottage the first time as a solo traveller and the second time with my husband. Dilly accidentally put us in a twin bedded room but that was fine! Bed's comfy, tea and coffee facilities. The only quip I had was not enough milk cartons. We are big coffee and tea drinkers! The breakfast was superb! We borrowed a torch for the first night into Lacock but didn't need it as you can almost see the path across the field into the village. We would definately be staying again! Well done Dilly!! Also, the pets she has are really cute too!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Happysnapper101
Reviewed 7 March 2011

This was an anniversary weekend away for my parents. The rooms were well presented, breakfast delicious! Location is within walking distance of Lacock. We were a little dubious of the shared bathroom situation but there are two bathrooms between three rooms so no problem at all. Will definately stay again, thank you Dilly!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank perrysophie
Reviewed 2 March 2011

We spent two nights in this lovely B&B. The location was perfect with a warm and friendly welcome from Dilly, the owner, on arrival. Rooms are tastefully decorated and comfortable. For breakfast there was a variety of cereals, yoghurt and a choice of a perfectly cooked full hot breakfast (I would recommend the Poached Eggs) or a Continental Breakfast. I would highly recommend this B&B if you want to escape for a quiet weekend or visit the interesting and beautiful surrounding areas. If I was in the area again I would certainly return to Damson Cottage and thoroughly recommend it.

Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 116Moira9
Reviewed 19 January 2011

I very seldom write reviews for places we stay (hence the delay in writing up this one!) but in planning some trips for 2011 I am reminded of our lovely stay at Damson Cottage last year. We were warmly welcomed by Dilly and nothing was too much trouble. The bedroom we stayed in was quintessentially English as other reviewers have said. Everywhere was clean and spotless and the shower was great (something I often find lacking in B&Bs)!

If you are looking for a relaxing break away in a beautiful part of the world with family, friends or just for a romantic weekend then this is for you.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank TheFenlons
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lacock
The Red Lion
Guyers House Hotel
Guyers House Hotel
#1 of 4 in Corsham
Little Notton Farmhouse

Been to Damson Cottage? Share your experiences!