“Perfect tea”

Ranked #2 of 12 Restaurants in Lacock
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 27 July 2014

This must be one of the best cups of tea I have had in a restaurant, they have a good selection, the one we chose was called Margarets House Tea, they also sell for you to take home as well. This tea room is full of character and has a lovely garden to sit out if the weather is good. They serve hot food as well as a great selection of cakes ( some gluten free ). Very good friendly service.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

If you had to imagine the ideal spot to have a cup of tea on a summer afternoon, your mind's eye would probably conjure up something like this. Between a couple of buildings lies an idyllic garden-party-like setting, with plenty of shady parasols and plants.

As we'd already eaten lunch at home, it was tea all round - rose tea for me, and English Breakfast for my more conservative companions. I have had rose tea before, but can genuinely say this was the nicest cup I'd ever tasted - beautifully infused and robustly scented, with the perfect garden setting to compliment it. Our teas came with plentiful hot water, so we could make the most of them - lovely willow-pattern cups, too.

Though we didn't eat, I saw cakes and sandwiches coming out to others and can safely say I will make a point of sampling lunch here next time.

Well-behaved dogs are welcome, and there are water-bowls by the entrance - my little Cavalier was very happy in the grassy shade of our table.

Overall - it's not the cheapest afternoon tea you'll find in Lacock, but the quality and overall experience is well worth paying for!

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Wonderful tea room and garden - a must if you love a really good cream tea :-) The garden is fantastic with lots of colourful plants and shady trees to sit under. A very reasonable price as well.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Given a warm Summers day and the hankering for a traditional cream tea, this is just a perfect setting for anyone wanting a typical slice of old England. The choice of different types of teas is quite mind blowing. Very relaxed atmosphere and very helpful staff. Perfect after a walk around this beautiful Wiltshire village.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We visited on a lovely sunny day and were able to sit outside after a walk around the lovely village
Good choice of food and drinks and good service