“Sign from above!”

Ranked #12 of 12 Restaurants in Lacock
Price range: US$6 - US$19
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Burnham-On-Sea, United Kingdom
“Sign from above!”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

We were visiting Lacock and it started to rain as we were passing The Carpenters Arms so we went in as it happened to be lunchtime. Thank goodness the weather made us enter - it was a sign from above! We had such an enjoyable lunch - plenty of choice from the menus, excellent food, pleasant atmosphere - need I go on. The staff are friendly and efficient which helps to make an enjoyable visit. If we are ever in Lacock again we will call in to try more dishes off the menu!

2 Thank Bren&Roy
Mark G, Owner at The Carpenters Arms, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Many thanks for your kind words and review. Im sorry the rain was rather heavy when you visited, but like you said, "It was a sign from above". We look forward to seeing you again sometime in the future. In the meantime stay dry and warm!

Malmesbury, United Kingdom
“Good pub grub”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

We arranged to meet friends half way at this pub and weren't disappointed. Good choice of pub grub on the menu at reasonable prices as well as good selection of beers and wines. All in all a very good evening. Waitress was also very good and put up with our banter,

2 Thank fssmith
Mark G, Owner at The Carpenters Arms, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Thank you for your kind words and thank you for choosing to dine with us. I am very pleased that everything was to you liking. We hope to see you again soon.

ps, the waitress says you can have two flakes next time
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Very nice pies”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Called in to Lacock on our way home from Warminster after visiting family always fancied going into the village as we've passed many times walked around the village and then decided to get something to eat so called into the Carpenters Arms went in found a table and sat down gentleman came over was very polite gave us a menu and asked if we wanted any drinks, drinks arrived in about 5 minutes mainly due to my wife and son having hot drinks, food was then ordered and we then waited, after about 15 minutes it arrived my wife and my son both had the steak and kidney pie with boiled potatos and veg and I had the chicken , ham and apricot pie with chips and veg.
Now when I ordered the pie I was worried as I always am in pubs because you tend to find that most pubs advertise a pie but what you inevariably get is a stew with one of those puff pastry top on which explode when you put your folk into it...no problem here as it was a real pie (shortcrust pastry on both he top and bottom) my pie was fantastic loads of both chicken and ham my only complaint is that it could have done with a little more apricot but thats just personal choice.
The vegetables where brought in a main dish for us all which I always like because it means you can take whst you like and not have to move it from plate to plate , just to add all the vegetables where piping hot and I got favourite "cabbage" my wife and son had boiled potatos as I said before they got 3 each which was more than enough (someplaces do tend to overface you with potatos) their pies was also packed with good quality meat.
This is definitely a place I would go back to as the food is good and the staff where all very polite and very professional (visited 21.08.2014)

2 Thank tezzam
Mark G, Owner at The Carpenters Arms, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Thank you for your review.

Now that's what i call a review. A very in depth review. Leaving nothing to chance or the imagination. What you say about our pies and the way we serve our vegetables is the way that it should be done and there for is the way that we have only ever done it (in the last 30 years of being in business). I will look into the possibility of adding more apricots to the recipe.

Looking forward to seeing you again in the near future.
UK
“Good lunch destination”
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

More of a restaurant than a pub but nicely done.

Friendly staff, prompt service and a good menu at reasonable prices. Seemed very popular.

Three real ales were available with one being from bath.

We had the ploughman's and they were pretty good and only let down by some rather bland pickled onions.

A nice venue and worth revisiting.

Visited August 2014
2 Thank pwils10
Mark G, Owner at The Carpenters Arms, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Thank you for your review and kind words.

We take all comments good and not so good ones and feedback and look at ways on improving on what we already do.

I am sorry that you didn't like your pickled onions. I myself am like you, i like my pickled onions to be spicy(in fact very spicy), but we have to cater for the majority, thats is why we put on pickled onions with not so much of a big kick.

Hope to see you again when you are back in the area.
Moscow, Russia
“Good traditional pub”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Very nice traditional pub with friendly waiters. Good food and selection of local beers. Wish we could spend more time there to have a couple more drinks.

2 Thank Yuri1104
Mark G, Owner at The Carpenters Arms, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your holiday to review us today.

Thank you for the kind words, i'm sorry also that you didn't have more time to have more drinks.

Maybe see you again some time.