“Very disappointed”

Ranked #10 of 12 Restaurants in Lacock
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Me and my husband are very busy parents that sometimes we don't get to spend quality time with our son as a family. We came to visit Whitehall garden because my son likes the park. So we decided to have our lunch there as well. The giant Yorkshire pudding I have been served was stone hard. I went to replace it and explained the situation. The lady apologised and said she'll have it replaced. But when they've replaced it, it was the same thing..Are Yorkshire puddings supposed to be hard??? Really did NOT enjoy my lunch. Paid almost £30 for our lunch which when you think about..is worth about 4-5 hours of my working hours. So not worth it. Not going to eat there ever again! And also..as being a Barista..I find their coffee machine disgusting. You should deep clean that! Or perhaps replace it. Grooossss!!!!

1  Thank Tessa227

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Early evening. We were the only one's there . Food cooked to order so it may be a long wait if it is bust. Fish and chips were delicious. Deserts 'plastic' and not cheap!
Will go again as they are open until 8 some evenings, but only for main courses!

Reviewed 16 April 2014

I have been to this garden centre on numerous occasions. The last few visits have definitely been negative especially the restaurant. The service has been terrible, young people stood talking, stations empty of any staff, with queues nearly out the door. A lack of crockery and cutlery. All this could be forgiven on one visit but this was the third time. Because of the bad service in the main restaurant we decided to try the new bistro. BIG MISTAKE!,,, two thirds of the tables had not been cleared. There was no savoury products on show. The only things on show were cakes. A slice of cake was £ 3.99 yes I said a slice, these prices are extortionate, especially as the same cake in the main restaurant is £1.10 cheaper????. I'm afraid that was the last time I will be parting with any money in either restaurant . As a professional in the catering industry I suggest they have more staff training , especially in the efficiency and personality departments . The costings need to be looked at too. By charging these prices with such dreadful service, you will only turn customers away. I will not be recommending it to anyone again, such a shame as a couple of years ago it was a very nice place to eat out!

3  Thank Maria M
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Service was very slow and although busy the table clearing was efficient so no problem finding a clean table. Had quiche, salad selection and new potatoes, all acceptable and tasty. Been before and no doubt will do so again

1  Thank BridgetStAustell
Reviewed 5 April 2014

I ate here on a Saturday at lunchtime. Predictably, it was busy, but the service was slow and it seemed as if there was only one person clearing tables. This person was unable to direct me to the toilets, which meant a long walk through the shop to find them! The food was quite expensive, but generous portions. Would have preferred smaller portions at a lower price. Overall, diners are packed in quite tightly and there are long queues. (And the loos have seen better days. I used the disabled loo for the baby-changing facility, and didn't feel like it was very clean. Someone had left food in there too!)