“Never again.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Loch Goil
The Lodge on Loch Goil
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Loch Goil
Reviewed 24 December 2013

The staff are indiscreet and interfere. Would not recommend for wedding. Rooms dusting and over heated couldn't get to sleep. Views are stunning, but other hotels for guest to stay are miles away. Would not recommend!

• Stayed: September 2013
4  Thank Dfer1
Lodgelochgoil, Manager at The Lodge on Loch Goil, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Thank you for your review on 24th December regarding your experience as a wedding guest here at The Lodge on Loch Goil.
Firstly I would like to apologise for not replying sooner but we are officially closed in the month of January for our yearly renovations.
At the Lodge on Loch Goil we pride ourself on our excellent hospitality, all staff have been very well trained in being very discreet at all times with all guests and would never interfere with any guest unless there was a serious problem.
You mentioned that the rooms in the Lodge were rather over heated, apologies for that but in the Highlands of Scotland it can tend to be rather chilly especially in the Winter months that is why we pride ourself on having large open log fires, and yes these log fires can leave a thin layer of dust every time we light them but , our guests love them.
If you found your bedroom too warm again apologies we do have original Victorian cast iron radiators throughout the house with thermostats that can be turned down, but they do take sometime to cool down completely if you had difficulty doing this then a member of staff would have kindly turned down for you, or we could have simply opened a window when we do our tuck down in the evening, I wish you had brought this to our attention before departing the venue as we do at all times like to make all our guests feel as comfortable as possible .
With your comment about other hotels being miles away, there are only 2 hotels in the village of Loch Goil ( The Drimsynie House Hotel which is 1.3 miles from the Lodge and the Loch Goil Hotel ) which is 2 miles from the Lodge and as you will be aware we shuttle our non resident guests to and from their accommodation but we are aware that some guests might find that just a little to far.
We are delighted that you found the views at the Lodge and the surrounding area stunning,
we also daily feel so privileged to be working in such an incredible place as the Lodge.

On behalf of myself "The events manager "and my team that work here.
At the lodge on Loch Goil
Wishing you and your family a wonderful 2014
Regards Alice Gill
Wedding / Event Manage

Reviewed 19 December 2013

A unique and unforgettable experience for the 25 who attended my daughter's wedding in the Tree House, at The Lodge on the shores of Loch Goil; After the Ceremony we dined in the 'Arts & Crafts Dining Room'; followed by dancing and then an excellent cabaret provided by the Scottish magician 'Paul Nardini.' The newly-weds spend the first night of their honeymoon in the Summerhouse which is 50 metres away from the Lodge and right on the loch shore. The choice of food included delicious local produce, and the staff went out of their way to make the weekend a success.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank RichardLegge914
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Our daughters wedding recently took place at The Lodge on Loch Goil. Every member of staff at the Lodge were fantastic and really looked after us. They were helpful, friendly and knowledgeable. The Lodge is situated in the one of the most picturesque places I have ever been to. The wedding tool place in the tree house which is fabulous. Alice ensured that the wedding went smoothly and was there every minute of the day to advise, support and guide us. The rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. The food served for the wedding and for breakfast was of the highest quality. Thank you to all of the staff for making our daughters day truly memorable.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 September 2013

As many people have said the Lodge has a beautiful location on the edge of the water (particularly if you are lucky with the weather.It is a unique setting to be getting married in a tree house and if you want to stay overnight with a select few family /friends it is a lovely place to relax.The service was very friendly and attentive and the food was to a high standard.It certainly is a very relaxing setting and a very fitting venue to be married in.

Room Tip: Not really applicable as there are only 8 rooms i think.One is for the bride and groom and then ther...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank easytiger1607
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We were married at the Lodge in August this year. We stayed with our family and friends from the Friday night until the Sunday morning, we basically took over the entire hotel. Can I just say to potential brides, make sure you do the same, your wedding day goes so fast, stay the Friday night with as many of your loved ones as possible to soak up as much of your wedding experience as possible! the BBQ dinner on the Friday night impressed even the Aussiest of Aussies that were there. The wedding day went off without a hitch, I left it all to Alice and Jackie and they looked after us perfectly. All our guests were raving at how amazing the wedding was. The lodge itself is overflowing with period charm and the views are breath taking, I envy your jobs ladies!

We will no doubt be back one day for an anniversary celebration!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rebecca H
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I don't need to write much, if you get to visit the place and experience it then you'll just 'know' how special the place is.

We recently got married in the tree house, and then stayed in the Lodge with our family and friends. I really don't think I could've asked for a more perfect day.

Thanks again to everyone there for making our wedding day so memorable.

Room Tip: Get married in the tree house!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2013

My husband and I were married at the Lodge on August 13th, sharing the day with 9 other members of our families, I had booked the Lodge following reading reviews on here and the website was equally impressive. Living so far away from the Lodge, it was with a little blind faith that I booked the venue for one of the most important days of our life. We booked at the beginning of March and the majority of communication was carried by email, as this is the most effective in general.
We arrived at the Lodge at 11.a.m.on the Tuesday and drove down to the Lodge through its beautiful gates. We were met by Alice and Jackie, the wedding co-ordinators and events team. They are both fabulous, gentle, calm and organised. Paul and I had the Arran room (main room in the Lodge), though he was relegated whilst I prepared for the big event. I had Lindsey Brown as my hair and make up artist (she is contracted to the Lodge), also wonderful. Lindsey arrived about noon and set to work. Sandwiches and cakes were served at around 12.30 downstairs to the others, whilst I took mine in the room. Alice and Jackie came throughout the period, periodically to check that I was ok and had all that I needed. I was given a steamer to fix the little creases in my dresses.
We had arranged a piper who piped my husband to be and our guests over to the treehouse where our ceremony was to be performed. He then piped me over at 3pm to the treehouse. The ceremony was performed by Sam, a local registrar. Beautiful, sincere words in the most amazing venue. We were then served champagne and canapes in the treehouse.
Photographs were taken for the next couple of hours, quite informal and not intrusive. These were taken by Alicja Jaskiewicz, also recommended by the Lodge.
Our wedding breakfast was served in the arts room. We started with Loch Fyne Oak-Smoked salmon, next Homemade Scottish Vegetable Soup, main of Roast Fillet of Buccleuch Beef and a desert of Sticky Date and Toffee Pudding. The food was all excellent, but the beef in particular was absolutely fabulous. It was that good, you cut it with just a regular knife.
All of the rooms were beautiful, the food was excellent, the staff wonderful. My husband's 10 year old daughter stated that she wants to get married there one day!
My blind faith was happily not misled. It is the most incredible venue, the treehouse is so beautiful and the whole setting is just fabulous, without reservation I would recommend this venue, to anybody!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
The Creggans Inn
The Creggans Inn
#1 of 1 in Strachur
Knockderry House Hotel

Been to The Lodge on Loch Goil? Share your experiences!