“Simply fabulous”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Loch Goil
The Lodge on Loch Goil
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Loch Goil
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Simply fabulous”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Earlier this week I was privileged to attend the wedding of my friends. Everything was perfect: the venue, food, drink and even the weather. All staff were very helpful, but a special mention must go to Alice and to Jak, who could not do enough for us. Thanks too, to Ian for placing the sun umbrella in exactly the correct position! The whole time spent at The Lodge was a wonderful and unforgettable experience.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sandra M

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Just home today after the most wonderful 2 days at the lodge. My partner and I were married yesterday and along with our guests had the most sublime time. We went to see the lodge only in January after being let down by appalling service at Devonshire gardens. Alice could not have been more welcoming and we left assured that she would make our day a day to remember. Over the past 6 months alive and Jackie have organized everything through excellent communication. The venue is stunning and the staff so helpful and passionate about what they do. We were so lucky with wall to wall sunshine and we could have been in lake Garda it was so beautiful. The food was fantastic and the service faultless. Thank you the lodge. Marion and I are delighted and still buzzing from our stay.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank LaineyM62
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We have just returned to normal after our daughter's wedding at the Lodge on Loch Goil. In our experience you should believe everything you read on the Lodge's website about the setting, the quality of the accommodation, the food and wine and the service. They are all superb. What sets the Lodge apart is the special atmosphere and the way in which the staff make a wedding a unique, personal and memorable event for the couple, their families and friends. With such a serene setting, you would expect that serenity to permeate the whole event. And so it did. Throughout the day we felt that we were gliding, like the proverbial swans, on a calm loch, with nothing to worry about. Then we realised that we felt that way because all of the staff were our feet, paddling frantically below the calm surface to make the whole experience so pleasurable for everyone. More than 18 months earlier, our Scottish daughter, who now lives some 400 miles away from the Lodge, asked us to check it out as a possible wedding venue. As soon as we visited the Lodge and met Alice, we knew that this was the right place. From that point onwards, Alice, Jackie and the rest of the team could not have done more to create and deliver the kind of wedding day that our daughter and her now husband wanted to have. As 'go-betweens' in this whole process we cannot thank them enough.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Confluence2014
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2014

My family and I were fortunate enough to attend a wedding at The Lodge on 24th May - and what a splendid venue and occasion that was!

Firstly, the venue itself is just wonderful. Fabulous views and great grounds, which the guests enjoyed milling around in both before and after the ceremony.

Secondly, the food was excellent. Perhaps the gap between courses was a little over-long, but the venue is so flexible that guests felt fine about leaving the table and enjoying the great weather until being called back to table (this especially important when there are little ones around whose attention span at the table is more difficult).

Thirdly - the staff; they were very busy over the couse of the day, and yet nothing was ever too much problem or any request too great. A realy credit to the venue; thank-you - you really made it.

I was fortunate enough to be part of the wedding party in terms of preparations before the wedding, and so saw some of the rooms (although didn't stay there) - and wow - just gorgeous.

In all - spendid all round and deserving of the full 5 stars xx

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Sarah B
Ballymena, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I was a wedding guest at the lodge at the weekend. Venue and views were out of this world but I felt some parts of the customer service was quite poor for being 5 star!
The meal took around 3 1/2 hours to be served and during this time there was any amount of water or wine being served, but if you did not drink wine you went thirsty.
4 times during these 3 1/2 hours we tried to get a drink from the bar but unfortunately were refused as they said they don't serve from the bar when they are serving food!!
When the soup was being served, it came with a small roll, my husband asked if he could maybe have another roll but was told no, they were accounted for!!! Now the waitress did come back and give him another but I feel this was quite poor service.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kim G
Lodgelochgoil, Front Office Manager at The Lodge on Loch Goil, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Good Morning Kim
Thank you for your review and comments. I am Food and Beverages Manager here at The Lodge on Loch Goil and I was working at the wedding you attended last weekend. Firstly, let me say, we always appreciate feedback and constructive comments from guests and visitors to The Lodge on Loch Goil and always take on board any constructive criticism. I will try to answer your points in the order you raise them.
The Wedding Meal did begin later than was scheduled, this unfortunately was due to the time taken for photographs, which is not uncommon at Weddings, obviously, we can't legislate for how long the photographer is going to take as each photographer has their own style and works to their own timeline (this particular photographer had never worked at The Lodge before). We were ready to begin meal service at 4:45 pm, however the meal started at 6:00 pm and finished at 8:40 pm and Evening Entertainment began at 9:15 pm.
During a Wedding we do not offer bar service as this can slow service, but if guests request any drinks from the bar we will serve them to the table. I do remember your friend asking for the round of drinks when meal service had just started. Admittedly there was a delay, for which I apologise, but when we served the drinks to your table, they were complimentary.
During meal service it is customary for waiting staff, when serving bread rolls, to serve one to each guest and then serve again. I apologise for the waitress saying 'they were all accounted for'.
I have taken what you say on board and will address this at our next management meeting. Once again, on behalf of The Lodge on Loch Goil I apologise that you felt our service was poor as we always strive to offer excellent Customer Service.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

My partner and I booked an indulgence break for two nights in this beautiful lodge. Loch Goil and the approach to the Lodge is totally breathtaking but nothing prepared us for the stunning position of the Lodge and it's brilliant tree house.
We were made very welcome by Jackie and Tracy who showed us to our room. We stayed in the Arran suite which was beautifully furnished and clean and the ensuite was equally charming. We had a spectacular verandah which fronted on to the loch, truly stunning.

We were served afternoon tea in the library in front of a roaring fire, afternoon tea consisted of sandwiches, yummy cakes and scones. We also ordered a bottle of Prosecco which was immediately brought to us. We had dinner in the tree house on the first evening. Totally candle lit inside with a log burner burning and fairy lights strung in the tree, the most romantic setting, really wonderful.

The food was beautiful, the ingredients were fresh and presentation would not have looked out of place in a five star london restaurant.
We ate in the arts and crafts dining room on the second night which again was beautifully prepared for us.

The Lodge was recommended to me by a colleague who was married here and I have to say it totally lived up to our expectations. Nothing was too much trouble for the lovely Jackie who served us on both days, we had plenty of privacy and were made to feel very special and welcome.

I can't recommend the lodge highly enough, Loch Goil itself was breathtaking and I would love to return again very soon, I miss the lodge and Loch Goil already!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Penelope A
Carnoustie, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for our anniversary. Communication via email beforehand was a bit slow but always answered eventually. The week of our break I received a lovely email confirming all of the things I had requested beforehand and I felt confident everything would be good. When we arrived jackie welcomed us, fed us delicious afternoon tea and gave us the tour! Everything is homely but beautiful and felt very special, dinner and breakfast was gorgeous in the tree house and poor jackie was a trooper bringing each course to the treehouse in the rain and wind! The rooms were lovely although we had to shove a towel in the door half way through the night to stop it rattling in the wind. From start to finish we felt really at home and were treated amazingly. Jackie really got the cross over of being there if we needed something and giving us privacy perfectly and that really is the joy of the place, five star food and service with a big beautiful house all to yourself! My only constructive feedback is that a massage service would have been nice which they don't offer, however they were quick to offer options of nearby places who did offer this service.
It may seem expensive but when you break down what you get for your money (exclusive use of the lodge, afternoon tea,champagne and five course meal, breakfast and papers, pure indulgence and luxury!!) it's was worth every penny!!!
Can't wait to

#1 of 1 in Strachur
Ardanaiseig Hotel
Ardanaiseig Hotel
#1 of 3 in Kilchrenan

Been to The Lodge on Loch Goil? Share your experiences!