“Nice meal”

Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Dined here on the recommendation of a nearby B&B and we weren't disappointed. Good, hearty plate of food at a reasonable price.

Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

We came here for an evening meal and got good pub grub. If you like simple bar meals then this place is for you (fish and chips, chicken curry etc.)
I feel it's really missing a trick though. No local cask ales, wine served in miniature bottles, no real local dishes or ingredients advertised. It could be so much better with a little effort and adventure from the owners.
Service was good too.

1  Thank Phil_L_56
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Lovely family run establishment with good home cooked food. We were very well looked after in the restaurant and enjoyed looking at the old photos in the bar after dinner - Ballachullish is a slate and shinty village!

1  Thank DC_00
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

As vegetarians, travelling and locating good food can sometimes be tricky. On this occasion we were pleasantly surprised by the great vego menu and delicious food.

The curry was fantastic and was exactly what we needed after a big day of walking to be washed down with a pint of ale.

The service was excellent. We were well looked after with prompt and friendly service.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

My husband and I visited after a long day of hiking, so we were pretty hungry. The Laroch was definitely the right choice. The food was delicious, filling, and decently priced. As a vegetarian, I was happy to see that I had multiple menu options. I chose the curry, which I highly recommend. Another plus was that the service was friendly and attentive.