“Recommend to anybody great day”
Review of Paddle Lochaber

Paddle Lochaber
More attraction details
Owner description: All of our leisure business is now offered through Action Glen, please search 'Action Glen At Isles of Glencoe' for more details.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I got the 1/2 day sea kayaking as a gift from my kids
Iv never been in a kayak so was a little nervous,but as soon as I turn up and spoke to Mark I felt a lot better,he's an excellent instructor ,made me feel confident ,after a brief introduction on what to do into the water we went,round the harbour a few times,Mark said I was ready for the loch,it was such a great day ,with his interesting knowledge of all the wildlife and stunning scenery I'd recommend to anybody,was the best of kayak spray deck etc and I stay dry ,

1  Thank Pudser32

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Brilliant half day introductory kayak session for beginners, provided by Paddle Lochaber. Neither myself or my husband had ever tried anything like this before and we were not disappointed. Mike our instructor was excellent in all aspects of our experience. We felt totally informed and confident in all aspects of our safety at all times. The equipment provided was also excellent, clean and well maintained. Mike ensured we were totally confident with the kayaks equipment on land before venturing into the water. After a practice in the bay, which enabled us to get the feel of the kayaks Mike took us for a tour around the Loch, pointing out wildlife and points of interest along the way, as well as taking photos of us throughout the trip as mementos . I have never known 3 hours pass so quickly! will definitely be booking other sessions.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

My son (14 years) and I booked a half day sea kayak experience with Paddle Lochaber and had a great time. We are beginners, and were given some initial advice and practice before heading out on the loch. We felt in very safe hands. As we travelled round the loch we were given lots of interesting info about the history, geography and present day workings of the loch.
We had the chance to kayak around the shores of Loch Leven and accross to an island and the fish farm, then round a number of other small isles before returning to base.
Can't wait to get another chance to go further afield for longer.
Mark is clearly very experienced not just in kayaking but in education, and subscribes to appropriate safety checks (which I was pleased to hear given I was taking a youngster out on the water) for a sport that has a potential for risk.
Equipment was all supplied, but you'll need an old pair of trainers of your own.
Well worth every penny.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Excellent. A really good way to get a different view of the hills and wildlife. Neither of us had ever tried sea kayaking before, but we soon got the hang of it. The equipment provided was first rate and the instructor knowledgeable. He took some photos of us which he then sent on to us; a nice touch.

1  Thank VerityTf
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We were a group of 4 middle aged novices who fancied a go at sea kayaking. We 'accidentally' booked with Paddle Lochaber having intended to book with another local company. We were not disappointed. Our guide, Mike, was excellent. Very calm and professional. He explained everything very well at a pace appropriate to our group. His instructions were clear and simple but not condescending. He is clearly a very experienced guide - one of our group capsized and Mike dealt with this quickly and calmly. The trip itself was excellent, taking in many of the loch's features from coastline, to islands, muscle farms and salmon farms. we even saw a seal. All in all an excellent trip, well worth the £40. Cannot recommend this highly enough