“Nice setting”

Isles of Glencoe Hotel & Leisure Centre
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Ballachulish
Reviewed 23 March 2014

The staff could not have been any friendlier or more accommodating and as the title says the hotel is in a very nice setting. Perhaps a wee bit dated and the food was very disappointing which was a shame.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kenbob82

Reviewed 19 March 2014

We love this area and the hotel so when we spotted a deal for the end of Feb we booked immediately. There have been a few poor reviews on here recently so we were a bit cautious. Drive to the hotel is fantastic, through some of the most dramatic scenery, Munros all snow capped and moody. No matter what the weather Glencoe is a magical place to spend time. We had up-graded to a superior room, money well spent. The hotel has a pool and sauna which we used before dinner. Dinner was great although I wish chefs would cook their own chips. Only complaint was the bed, every time I spent any time on it I could hardly get up as my back went intro spasms. Goodness knows what was causing it as it felt comfy.
Spent two nights at the hotel and will definitely be back, it might not be ultra modern and chique but you don't go to the area for that, enjoy the views, great staff and chill,,,

Room Tip: Book the superior rooms on East side, view in the morning is sensational
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maretta C
Reviewed 17 March 2014

First of all, I would like to say that the staff here were unfailingly friendly, pleasant, helpful. However, like many others, I think this hotel trades on the view with not enough attention to taking care of the rooms and general standards. I had pushed the boat out, so to speak, as a treat for my birthday - I knew I would be spending a lot of time in my room, so I chose carefully, or so I thought. I didn't get the room I booked and paid for (even though I was a single person paying for double occupancy) - very clean, but threadbare carpet, worn chair covers, and only half a view of the loch (the other half was a view of the side of the building); I was unwell and wanted to eat early, in my room, but couldn't get the food I wanted when I wanted it (no chef on duty), despite what it said on the menu in my room ("only a sample menu"). And worst worst worst of all, the smoking area for guests is the entrance to the hotel! So not only did one have to run the gauntlet of cigarette smoke, often on both sides, but beside the entrance was a giant plant pot full of fag ends and empty packets - oh dear. I am used to it being tough out there for lone travellers, but this was really very disappointing and in spite of the lovely staff I would not go back.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank joann c
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Stayed for 3 nights on the ski package deal. As most others have said areas of the hotel are very tired and need some refreshing!

However the staff the food and most of the the views across the loch make up for this fact.

Bedrooms are functional, our was large and spacious with this amazing view well worth asking for a loch view room.

Staff very knowledgable, attentive and informative.

Value for money was superb!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Our wedding held at the Isles of Glencoe hotel was made so special by the friendly and professional way in which Phillip and his team ensured every detail was covered, staff were extremely friendly and willing to assist with everything they could, even with other guests not attached to our party still to be looked after, the wedding setting, food, leisure facilities and general attention to detail throughout was impressive from the arrival to final check out, my wife and i would recommend this venue without hesitation, Thankyou so much Isles of Glencoe Hotel.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Col B
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

As we all know, first impressions are very important and unfortunately when I walked into the Isles of glencoe hotel with my partner it was very much apparent that some major cosmetic work was needing to be done; the Hall carpets were torn, walls needed painted, pool area looked grubby but the young girl on reception was very helpful so this changed our attitude and we became more positive about our stay UNTIL we reached out room we had a horrible view over the children's play park, the room was smelling stale, damp and there was a "drainage" problem. After I complained we got moved to a large beautiful room with an amazing view over the Loch - I am still unsure to this day why they tried to cover up the horrific smells with cheap plug ins and didn't just start us off in a room that was acceptable. I appreciate being moved room but only the minimum was done and no apology was made.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank little-mcginlay
Reviewed 9 March 2014

This hotel has so much potential! The decor is tired, and the whole hotel is crying out for an upgrade, but everything is clean and plenty of powerful, hot water. Staff are entertaining and attentive…if not a little rushed off their feet!

The room was spacious and a view like no other!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sammy186565
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ballachulish
Ballachulish Hotel
#1 of 2 in Kentallen
Loch Leven Hotel
Loch Leven Hotel
#1 of 2 in North Ballachulish

Been to Isles of Glencoe Hotel & Leisure Centre? Share your experiences!