“service please!”

Add it.
Bulas
Ranked #9 of 10 Restaurants in Ballachulish
Reviewed 10 December 2013

We didn't stay but thought it would be good to have lunch - a mistake! The front door was so well closed we thought it was locked and had to phone from outside to find out they were actually open. Despite the sign outside advertising "lunchtime specials" including hot meals the sullen bar man told us they only did sandwiches. We had to wait a very long time (especially considering we were the only diners in the bar area) but at least we had a log fire to warm ouselves by - the rest of the bar was cold - and a fantastic view over Loch Linnhe to look at while we waited. I enjoyed my steak & onion sandwich and chips but my partner discovered mold on his stale bread. Despite pressing the bell for service on the bar 3 times no one came to attend to us. Eventually I found the barman talking to the receptionist in the foyer. He did not charge us for the moldy sandwich but his demeanor clearly showed a lack of training in customer service,and by the time the ketchup arrived I had eaten most of my chips. I doubt we will return, which is a pity because we now have a holiday home nearby and were looking for a local restaurant for ourselves to use and to take our guests to.

4  Thank Willfy