“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Edenbank House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kelso
Edenbank House
Ranked #12 of 19 Kelso B&B and Inns
Derby
“Excellent”
Reviewed 15 March 2012

Edenbank is a great place to stay. Christina the owner is an excellent host and really good company. The rooms are spotless and really cosy. The house itself is magnificent and is set around farmland.

An excellent B&B.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank CCHDerby

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Salzburg
Reviewed 25 February 2012

After a wonderful stay in Edinburgh at Elderfields B&B, I thought it couldn't get any better but it did. As I drove up the driveway to the grandly illuminated mansion on the hill, I thought at first that I was surely at the wrong address. But a warm welcome from Christina immediately made me feel at home.

When I entered my room on the first floor, which was more like an absolutely stunning suite, spacious and elegant, with a huge bathroom to match, I quickly re-checked the agreed rate as I feared I might have missed a zero,

This is one of the best b&bs I've known in terms of price-quality ratio. My two regrets, as often with accommodation found on tripadvisor, were that I could not spend more time in my room and in the house, as I had a full sightseeing programme during my stay, and that I could only stay for those 2 nights. Edenbank House would be the perfect place for spending a fortnight or longer and an ideal base for exploring the Borders region.
Many thanks to Christina and I hope to be back soon!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank SalzburgLaddie
Western Oz
Reviewed 23 November 2011

I had booked in at a different B&B but they had a water burst and recommended this place.

I wanted to stay in the town and wasn't really looking forward to our stay here.

How wrong I was. everything from the decor to the food was top drawer.

Christine the owner is an excellent host and great company.

Edenbank is a real gem, guests have a TV/lounge room as well as massive en-suite rooms that are furnished to a very high standard.

Excellent value for money, I won't be staying anywhere else in Kelso!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Redcan
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 November 2011

We stayed at Edenbank on our visit to Kelso. The owner, Christina gave us a warm welcome and was very helpful about local attractions and places to eat. The room was large, comfortable and beautifully furnished. There is a 'Punters Lounge' with TV, games and books to read. The full Scottish breakfast was delicious. There was a minor problem with the water supply during our stay but Christina made sure it didn't spoil our stay, offering a discount at checkout. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellent but the Attenborough Suite is best
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank moikenuk
Tucson, AZ
Reviewed 13 September 2011

From the moment we turned into the long stately drive to bidding farewell to Christina we enjoyed every moment. Christina's home took us back to the 1800's, but with en-suite rooms and modern conveniences. My wife loved waking up to the sheep bleating and walking out the front door and seeing cows at the edge of the yard. My wife especially enjoyed Christina's extensive garden in the back yard. We both enjoyed the large family style breakfast table which encouraged conversation between the guests, something we did not encounter in our other B&B stays. The room was HUHE with a separate bathroom which was also HUGE. It is only a mile from Floors Castle, the largest inhabited castle in Scotland and a don't miss attraction. Edinburgh is less than an hours drive to the north. Christina's breakfasts are to die for. She heard us talking about haggis and even made us a haggis starter. Greeting us every morning was Bell, the Lakeland Terrier with personality. Suffice to say we didn't want to leave and will be back someday.

Room Tip: From what we saw, they are all good.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BART E
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 July 2011

Really enjoyed staying here- this country house looked like it was going to be really expensive, but it was standard B+B prices. The owner was very helpful and friendly and the room we had was enormous- bigger than our first house!! The gardens were beautiful. The breakfasts were very good- lots of choice. Would definately recommend staying here

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank haydw
Kirriemuir, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 May 2011

Beautiful house and gardens. Very friendly welcome. Very comfortable, roomy accommodation. Relaxing, informal atmosphere. Superb breakfast, very accommodating of my vegetarian needs! Wealth of literature about the surrounding area and information about local eating places (including menus). In my opinion, they don't come much better than this. I'd be delighted to stay there again.

Room Tip: You can't go wrong!
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled solo