“Wonderful weekend!”
Review of Edenbank House

Edenbank House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kelso
Edenbank House
Ranked #14 of 16 Kelso B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 September 2012

Thanks to Christina and little Belle for a wonderful weekend when down in Kelso for Scottish Endurance Riding Club event. Warm welcome and really made to feel at home for the two nights I was staying. Great to have a lovely comfy bed to come home to after a long day. Peaceful and relaxed atmosphere. Looking for an excuse to go back!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Jane H

Reviewed 5 August 2012

without a doubt,the best country house b&b I have ever stayed at.The house is fascinating & full of genuine character & charm, nothing twee,contrived or artificial.Owned and run by Christina,perfect host,welcoming ,helpful and a producer of superb traditional breakfasts!All the rooms are different,all are spacious, interesting and very comfortable.Ok,not all are en suite but going to the loo at night armed with the" wind up"torch could well become an olympic sport!My fishing friends and I reckon Edenbank House is as good as it gets (and it is very reasonably priced)

Room Tip: en suites are best,double en suite facig back of house is very comfortable but no shower.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank salmoWales
Reviewed 30 May 2012

In the heart of the idyllic countryside lies this beautiful stately type home, our stay was as a party of 10, I was amazed that christina our host (and the owner) had many rooms still available, I/we cannot fault the service, the decor and the standard of the rooms, the whole building with its winding stairs is full of historic character. set within several acres of surrounding fields, and backed by a beautiful garden at the rear, this is a place for a serene retreat. whatever the occasion. the town of kelso is only approx 3 miles away, where most things are available. I would not hesitate to recommend this residence.

Room Tip: hard to say, as they all have their own style and character.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Kay H
Reviewed 19 March 2012

This is a great place to stay. A warm friendly welcome and the house is spotless as well as being interesting. Cristina is the the ideal host who makes you feel at home.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank john o
Reviewed 15 March 2012

Edenbank is a great place to stay. Christina the owner is an excellent host and really good company. The rooms are spotless and really cosy. The house itself is magnificent and is set around farmland.

An excellent B&B.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank CCHDerby
Reviewed 25 February 2012

After a wonderful stay in Edinburgh at Elderfields B&B, I thought it couldn't get any better but it did. As I drove up the driveway to the grandly illuminated mansion on the hill, I thought at first that I was surely at the wrong address. But a warm welcome from Christina immediately made me feel at home.

When I entered my room on the first floor, which was more like an absolutely stunning suite, spacious and elegant, with a huge bathroom to match, I quickly re-checked the agreed rate as I feared I might have missed a zero,

This is one of the best b&bs I've known in terms of price-quality ratio. My two regrets, as often with accommodation found on tripadvisor, were that I could not spend more time in my room and in the house, as I had a full sightseeing programme during my stay, and that I could only stay for those 2 nights. Edenbank House would be the perfect place for spending a fortnight or longer and an ideal base for exploring the Borders region.
Many thanks to Christina and I hope to be back soon!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank SalzburgLaddie
Reviewed 23 November 2011

I had booked in at a different B&B but they had a water burst and recommended this place.

I wanted to stay in the town and wasn't really looking forward to our stay here.

How wrong I was. everything from the decor to the food was top drawer.

Christine the owner is an excellent host and great company.

Edenbank is a real gem, guests have a TV/lounge room as well as massive en-suite rooms that are furnished to a very high standard.

Excellent value for money, I won't be staying anywhere else in Kelso!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family