“Quiet meal for 2”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Fort Augustus, United Kingdom
“Quiet meal for 2”
Reviewed 2 April 2014

My wife and I ate here as it was recommended by the B&B host, we were not disappointed it was a very quiet night being a Tuesday,I had the pork medallions and my wife had the cheese and walnut tartlet both were very good.

Visited April 2014

edinburgh
“Extensive menu”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

There is always a good choice of menu and good value for money. Always an early evening menu available so excellent if you want to eat straight after work

Visited November 2013
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Good food!”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Visited Oscars for a meal on Saturday night with my husband. Staff were very helpful and friendly.Food was lovely, we found the food and drinks very good value for money.Background music was fantastic!!

Visited March 2014
Kelso, United Kingdom
“Best steak ever!”
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Another lovely meal at Oscars with our friends. The ever changing specials menu was highly tempting with a great selection of fish and alternative meats, however I went for my usual fillet steak, because its cooked on a proper charcoal griddle so has a lovely seared outer and chef Jessica is the only person who has ever cooked me a properly rare steak (apart from French chefs who barely wipe the grass off the beast!). New wine list had lots of really great selections and we finished with a lovely strong coffee and a wee brandy - lovely!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Julie W
Borrisokane, Ireland
“Very tasty!”
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

We were recommended to eat here and we were not disappointed. The food was superb between the four of us we had fillet and burger and we all thought it was fab. So much so we were talking about it over breakfast too the following day! Good prices. Staff could do with being more attentive - never asked if we wanted more drinks when our glasses were empty, and it took 15 mins to get someone's attention to pay the bill.
Despite those negativities I will be going back as the food was ace!

2 Thank Jellybabycow
steve o, Owner at Oscars Wine Bar and Restaurant, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Many thanks for taking the time and trouble to post your review. I'm so sorry we were a little inattentive with drinks - I was there myself and its not normally my style but no excuses. Really hope to see you again when you are next in Kelso.