“Great”

The Cobbles - Freehouse & Dining
Reserve with OpenTable
The Cobbles - Freehouse & Dining is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 35 Restaurants in Kelso
Price range: US$14 - US$21
Cuisines: Scottish, British, Brew Pub
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: The Cobbles is a well-established pub restaurant situated in the heart of the lovely Scottish Borders town of Kelso which serves an eclectic mix of British gastro-pub classics, Modern European and Pacific Rim cuisine.The Cobbles is the brewery tap for one of Scotland's most progressive micro-breweries, Tempest Brew Co. Kelso.The Cobbles is a great place to meet for a drink and the ideal venue for any party booking for a relaxed gastro-pub lunch, an evening meal or a special dining occasion.
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Second visit to the Cobbles for a meal with friends. Again, great service and wonderful food. Looking forward to returning for a third time!!

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Friendly staff and great food! Had dinner and lunch on 2 separate days- different staff both times but all just lovely, great service both occasions.

Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

This was our first time dining at The Cobbles and I can't fault it at all. The service was exceptional, all three staff on duty could not have been any nicer. The food was tasty and the portion sizes were more than enough. The quality of the food is very much worth the price and I was extremely surprised at how cheap the bill was. I would recommend this for lunch and dinner. The atmosphere was great, small but convenient size so I would highly recommend booking in advance Although, I called up 2 hours before we went and they luckily had availability. Thanks to all the staff who were working tonight, you didn't make us feel like we were putting you out when asking for something as I have experienced this in too many restaurants in the Borders. It's because of service alone like this that makes me want to return. I look forward to our many returns in the future.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

We enjoyed a family meal in this friendly pub style restaurant in the centre of Kelso. Eating midweek the menu was varied enough to suit adults and teenage children alike and the service was quick and friendly. Food quality was excellent. Although the bar area was quiet on a Thursday lunchtime it looked like the sort of place where just going in for a drink would be fine and the beer we tried was good with a variety of their Tempest Brewery beers on offer.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Warm scones, thick cream, fresh strawberries - this was a really first-class afternoon tea. I'm a pretty keen scone baker, and if I'd made these I'd have been well-pleased.