“Well worth a visit”

The Cobbles - Freehouse & Dining
Reserve with OpenTable
The Cobbles - Freehouse & Dining is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 35 Restaurants in Kelso
Price range: US$14 - US$21
Cuisines: Scottish, British, Brew Pub
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: The Cobbles is a well-established pub restaurant situated in the heart of the lovely Scottish Borders town of Kelso which serves an eclectic mix of British gastro-pub classics, Modern European and Pacific Rim cuisine.The Cobbles is the brewery tap for one of Scotland's most progressive micro-breweries, Tempest Brew Co. Kelso.The Cobbles is a great place to meet for a drink and the ideal venue for any party booking for a relaxed gastro-pub lunch, an evening meal or a special dining occasion.
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

We had a superb Sunday roast here. Roast beef was excellent and beautifully presented. Not your usual bog standard 'pub grub' by any means. Staff were pleasant and helpful. Would most definitely come back if we visit the area again.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Great food and good service Very busy on a busy Saturday Civic Week evening. We'd certainly go back if visiting Kelso again.
{could you say more ? Reviews must be at least 50 characters. Thanks}

Reviewed 25 July 2014

We were staying in a nearby holiday cottage and got a recommendation for this restaurant from the landlord.
We ate in the bar area which was not a minus at all. The food was overall delicious and we will defiantly be, if we are in the region.
The food looks and tastes not only fresh but is also arranged lovely on the plate, mouthwatering.

Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

This being my 1st time in the cobbles I looked at the reviews on trip advisor prior to going in but were disappointed in the slow service and lack of care from the man in charged when we complained.
We visited on a Saturday afternoon and there were very few people left eating when we arrived but it still took around 45 mins for the food to arrive, after we finished the bill arrived so we got ready to leave & pay and at that point my 4 kids asked us about ice cream as they had just realised that they had not got any despite it being part of the kids meal.
When we went to pay we queried this and were offered no apology and refused any money off the order.
The lad that served us was very polite but the man he asked for advice when we complained didn't even give us the time of day or even come over to see us, he simply dismissed the complaint out of hand.
This is not a fast food restaurant and neither are the prices so expected better service and customer care.

FoodieKelso, Manager at The Cobbles - Freehouse & Dining, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Dear David G

I am truly disappointed to read the review of your experience with us at the Cobbles. I would be extremely grateful if you could take the time to give me some extra details to your visit as there is an obvious training issue to be addressed here.

I would like to correspond with you directly on this matter and would love to know which Saturday you were in along with the rough time of day. Can you please contact me directly via email at info@thecobbleskelso.co.uk to correspond further on this matter.

I am sorry that you had to endure the experience that you had whilst in our care and I will endeavour to ensure that this will not happen at the Cobbles again.

I look forward to hearing from you directly.

Kind regards,

Alan Stewart
Manager the Cobbles Kelso

Reviewed 23 July 2014

We visited this pub for a meal last week. Great range of real ales. Interesting menu for adults and children, not just your usual chicken nuggets. My husband had steak which he said was lovely. I had smoked partridge with potato salad, it was delicious. Desert was great too it looked too good to eat. If you are in the area it's a must. Staff we're very friendly.