“Good food and drink.”

Cuisines: Scottish, British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Popped into the Queens Head to watch some world cup football and stayed and had something to eat. Nice décor and very comfortable. Plenty of TV's for the footie and friendly and helpful bar staff. Good selection of beers and some great deals on wine. Food was very good and good sized portions. Pleasant place to spend a night.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Booked a table here for each night of my stay in Kelso, and the choices were excellent and the food delicious, staff very attentive and pleasant so I will definitely be eating here again on my next time in the town. Well done Queens Head.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Every time were in Kelso we have had a meal at this cute hotel. In the past we were always pleased and wow'd with what was on offer, my how time's change. Chose for an early lunch on a very busy Saturday. We were so shocked to be the only two in for lunch, now we know why. My husband ordered ham/chips & eggs, I opted for a simple club sandwich. When the green ham and roasted eggs arrived we could not believe chef allowed the dish out of the kitchen! Undercooked chips and a sandwich with bread so dry it would have made great wallboard. We understand all kitchen's can have an off moment, this was just bad food. All for the tidy sum of £24.00! We Won't be back.

3  Thank msjag48
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We dined at the Queen’s Head as we were staying in nearby Inglestone Guest House which they owned until recently. Having ignored some less than complimentary comments we booked a table for the first night and as the experience was so good we booked a table for dinner for our further two nights stay in Kelso. To begin with I must say in my opinion, they have a superb team working there: each single member of staff that we met was pleasant, friendly and helpful. The chefs are fantastic and my husband and I can recommend the 6 different dishes that we tried....those being the Fish and Chips, Chicken Stuffed with Haggis, Steak Pie, melt in the mouth Venison Stew..... and on Saturday my hubby went for the Rib eye Steak with all the trimmings (best steak he has ever had!) and I had the amazing slow cooked Lamb shank on yummy mustard mash and wonderful roast vegetables, which consisted of baby leeks, carrot batons, cherry tomatoes and asparagus tips. We've never, ever tasted vegetables so nicely cooked, Frances had told us how they freshly cook their selection of Spring vegetables. The dining area is very comfortable and quiet (when we were there!) the staff made sure we had the soft chairs at our table each night, the service was very good when we dined although I cannot comment on how it would be on a busy night. There is a nice lounge bar area with sofas and easy chairs...at 10:00 pm on Saturday night it began to fill up with young people out for a night out but as were ready to leave it was no bother.. So a special mention for those whose names we got...Frances, Bob, Lucy, and Juliana, and well done to the rest of them .

Reviewed 18 June 2014

After a long wait we ordered our meal, my wife ordered a sirlion steak and i ordered a fish an chips.
After we were served our meal my wife found that her sirlion steak was full of gristle, when she complained about it they asked if she wanted anything else and that the original steak would still have to be paid for.
When my wife said why should she pay for meal that she had only one or two bites off, they kept repeating that the STEAK WOULD HAVE TO BE PAID FOR.
Feeling more that a bit annoyed by now my wife asked them to cook the steak a bit more as she just wanted to get out of there.
Just to rub salt into the wounds when we got our bill they had charged for our drinks which we had already paid for, soon sorted that out.
We would never go back as it ruined our whole night

2  Thank mike99999x