“Perfect hosts” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ivy Neuk

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kelso
Ivy Neuk
Ranked #11 of 19 Kelso B&B and Inns
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Perfect hosts”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

Had a brilliant stay at the ivy neuk, so clean and homely. Iain and Georgina were perfect hosts, and ensured that I could find my way around Kelso, they even took my bags up to ednam house for me whilst I was at a wedding- they couldn't be more helpful! The rooms are very clean and quiet, the wifi and television signals were great and the cooked breakfast was fantastic! I would strongly recommend the Ivy Neuk to anyone looking to stay in Kelso :)

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
ivyneuk, Manager at Ivy Neuk, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Thank you Karen for taking the time to write a review. I hope you enjoyed the wedding!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

A traveller is lucky to find a B and B like the Ivy Neuk. Georgina and Ian are lovely, kind people who are warm and welcoming. My second stay was as wonderful as the first. The breakfasts are delicious. The was room clean, cozy and well appointed. I wanted for nothing. No detail is overlooked. Plus, Ivy Neuk is located in the prettiest town in the Borders Region. I love being there.

Room Tip: I call the room on the top floor "my nest". It overlooks the beautiful back garden. It is...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
ivyneuk, Owner at Ivy Neuk, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Jean - how can I thank you enough for your glowing review of Ivy Neuk? Ian & I try to be as friendly and helpful as possible without being too nosy! We really enjoyed your company, but were sorry that Jim, your husband had to stay at home to look after Lucy your doggie, who was poorly.
Hopefully, next time you visit Kelso we will be able to put you both up in "the nest" in the top room!
Gilford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

Stayed here with my family at very short notice, many thanks for accommodating us in our hour of need. Lovely house with a superb breakfast, especially the home made bread etc. This comes highly recommended, thank you again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
ivyneuk, Owner at Ivy Neuk, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Ian & I were very happy that we were able to accommodate you and your family at such short notice! Although we don't have a family room, you all managed to squeeze into the Twin Room and have a decent night's sleep. It wasn't ideal, but the best we could do under the circumstances! Thank you very much for your recommendation.
Mosbrough, null, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013

Beautiful. A gorgeous breakfast featuring home made marmalade and bread Tremendous value. Room very comfortable. Our bikes were stored safely and this was a haven after an 80 mile bike ride. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jeremy G
ivyneuk, Owner at Ivy Neuk, responded to this review, 31 July 2013
So glad you enjoyed your stay at Ivy Neuk. I hope by now the legs have recovered!
Selby, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013

I stayed in a single room at this B&B for 2 nights on Friday 24th and Saturday 25th May.
Not more than a couple of minutes walk from the main square in Kelso, it was well located. The room cost me £65.00 for the 2 nights and although comfortable and practical was fairly small and you had to share bathroom and toilet facilities. The deficiency was more than made up by Georgina and Ian's kindness and frequent attempts to make you feel welcome. They are a lovely couple, thoughtful, accommodating and eager to put you at ease.
The Bathroom facilities were excellent and you only had to share them with no more than 3 rooms.I quite liked the idea of having a dressing gown in order to wander down the corridor to the bathroom. Not many B&B'S would have one hung up behind the door!
Breakfast was served around a large communal table in a open conservatory style section of the house. Myself I found it quite pleasant eating my Porridge, followed by a full Scottish Breakfast to the sounds of Classic FM in the adjoining Kitchen. The Breakfast room looks out onto a enclosed garden area. I can see that a lot of thought and love has been put into it and it was nice to look out on to it. Breakfast was more than adequate. Good coffee, lots of toast and fresh home made preserves close at hand on a rotating platform.

There is no car parking next to the B&B, but a public carpark no more than 100 metres away.

Kelso is a lovely place to visit and if I stopped again, I would definitely consider Ivy Neuk.

I notice they have a website. www.ivyneuk.com

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
ivyneuk, Owner at Ivy Neuk, responded to this review, 31 May 2013
Thank you Derek for your review of your stay at Ivy Neuk. I am sorry that you found the room very small. It is only a single room, which is the one you requested when you made the enquiry. Despite its size, it is compact, with everything you need, plus a drop down desk which you can sit at to access your computer.

Yes, indeed the bathroom is shared but only with one other room - an en suite would not fit in! I got the feeling that you thought the price was not value for money. Ian & I think that £32.50pn is very reasonable for a B&B in the town centre.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2013

I stayed here for one night on 4th May in the Twin room with a Friend. We were cycling down from Edinburgh on our way to Newcastle. This was a nice welcome stop en-route, having spent a lovely day riding through the Scottish Hills. We recieved a warm welcome on our arrival from Georgina and Ian, who were brilliant hosts, very helpful and accomodating. The room was nicely decorated and spacious. They also had plenty of storage for our bikes. The Breakfast the following morning was also a delight, with everything on offer you could want for a energising day ahead. I would gladly return to stay again, (Although, I might not cycle 70 miles for the pleasure! Lol).

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
ivyneuk, Owner at Ivy Neuk, responded to this review, 22 May 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time and trouble in writing your review for Ivy Neuk.

I seem to remember you being 4 hours behind schedule because of the tiring bike ride from Edinburgh! Ian & I always try to give cyclists an extra big warm welcome because they always arrive pretty well exhausted. Also we like to feed them up with a nourishing breakfast before continuing their journey!
Greenock, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2013

We spend a night in Ivy Neuk and wish we had booked it for one more night. The B&B was clean and very well organised, and the breakfast was lovely, with home made marmalade and fresh bread from the local bakery. We will visit this place again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
ivyneuk, Owner at Ivy Neuk, responded to this review, 12 April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Ian and I were glad that you spoke English as our Spanish wasn't up to much! Just for the record - the fresh bread was home made!