“Best curry in the Borders”
Review of The Empress of India - CLOSED

The Empress of India
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 12 November 2013

The Empress of India has become a regular favorite whether I am sitting in or getting a take away. The staff are always friendly and nothing is too much trouble. The food is always cooked from scratch and they will cater to specific tastes, whether you like your food mild or with some extra 'kick'. Is there a dish I recommend.. Well they are all excellent but the Korahi, Jalfrezi or even a Vindaloo have become favorites with me!

1  Thank Mark P

Reviewed 31 October 2013

With some trepidation we went in, being a bit put off by the neon lights and (sorry) the decor and chairs, but wow! The staff were so friendly and helpful, cheerful too, and the food was great, We just had loads of vegetable side dishes, and left the place completely stuffed, with some great tasting food, and always a bonus, loads of fresh coriander. I'd thoroughly recommend it. Apparently they do delivery in the surrounding area too. If we lived here, we'd be using this service too. A great find.

1  Thank Mark S
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I visited on a Monday night and had the restaurant to myself. A very warm welcome from the waiter who was very attentive throughout the evening.

I had one of the house specialities - a Bengal curry which was very tasty - aromatic and an interesting mix of textures.

1  Thank adsk
Reviewed 21 October 2013

This was our return visit and we were not disappointed. Good food, friendly staff. Will call again on route to the mother-in-law's.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

The Best indian meals i have tasted and so far and i have tried few! Friendly staff and great to get along with. the chef is second to none and the meals are a delight to eat thanks.

1  Thank 504graemeh