“Excellent Start”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
“Excellent Start”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Walking to a restaurant that has changed hands can be strange but this was very welcoming. Great new Decor a friendly smile. The service and the food were great and the new team very help full. I would rate this as a great place to Eat in Kelso and Look forward to visiting again

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“very good food”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I enjoyed the food very much, full of flavours and the spice was just right. would definitely visit again.

1 Thank Barry L
Derby, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fabulous chicken karahi”
Reviewed 8 February 2014

During our sotish border tour we arrived at kelso. A local B B recommend this place for dinner.we 4 friends been there.We ordered some starters and in main course 3 chicken karahi and 1 butter chicken..karahi was very fabulous and tasty.all of us enjoyed our dinner.I recommend this restaurant good place for a tasty meal

1 Thank john t
Kelso, United Kingdom
“Toobad!”
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Have been a few times since the previous owners (Empress of India) moved on and sadly disappointed!
Firstly was the Cobra I ordered while waiting for my takeaway, but no glass! Then the Chicken Jalfrezi looked if it had been in a blender (small pieces of chicken and the peppers could hardly be found), next was the vindaloo, tons of chilli and no potato!!! Not to mention the soggy nanns!

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank Mark P
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Complete let down!”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

I was so excited about this new Indian restaurant opening in the town. I read the reviews, and all but one was positive. I figured the bad review came from a really fussy person....sorry that person, I should have listened to you!
I had a take away meal. The rice was fine, but so what, the curry is the star of the show, right? Well, not in this case!
Pathia is my favourite curry; hot, sweet, sour and tasty. The dish I got was none of the above, it was devoid of taste and the sauce was like red water. I had a mushroom Pathia, nice of them to do this off menu dish (they do other Pathia curries, so no excuse for getting it wrong) but there must have been about 8 mushrooms quartered and floating in this red water. Don't want to think of the amount of profit they must have made on this dish! I have never felt compelled to write a bad review on food before, but this curry was bad beyond belief. I shall be voting with my feet and never using this place again.

• Visited January 2014