“A lovely end to a lovely day.”
Review of Cross Keys Hotel

Cross Keys Hotel
Ranked #16 of 36 Restaurants in Kelso
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Saddlers Restaurant provides a comfortable and relaxed atmosphere for dining. Our menus reflect a flair for uncomplicated, tasty modern Scottish cuisine. The finest local produce is used wherever possible and many dishes are prepared from ingredients for which the Scottish Borders is famous, such as salmon, beef and lamb. Breakfast 7.30am-10.00am Evening Dining 7.00pm-9.00pm Sunday Carvery Lunch 12.30pm-2.15pm
Reviewed 1 July 2014

My husband and I had been to a reunion on Sunday afternoon and decided to stop somewhere for tea on the way home and stopped at the Cross Keys Hotel in Kelso. My husband is diabetic and had already done his injection so time was of the essence. I told the girl who showed us to a table and asked roughly how long the food would take and she offered to bring some bread and butter for my husband just in case the food took too long, which we thought was very considerate. We both had a main course and a dessert and we thoroughly enjoyed both, we also had a soft drink each and were amazed at how reasonably priced this was. We will definitely be back, the staff were friendly and helpful and the meal was beautifully presented. Definitely worth a visit if you are in Kelso. I am not sure if they have outside seating or have a delivery service as it was a quick visit on the spur of the moment.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

we normally eat at the cobbles when in kelso we have been wanting to dine here for a long time, The owner managed to get us a table. The food was delicious the staff were very attentive and friendly loved this restaurant and look forward to returning.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Have eaten in the Cross Keys before but was really pleased again with our good value lunch last week. A £10 deal of starter, main and drink. The fish n chips were delicious and a good portion. A nice place to eat as always.

2  Thank CT742014
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Four of us came for a light lunch here earlier this week. We were amazed to see such a balanced, extensive menu with other options e.g. a roast of the day also available. The food was well presented, looked attractive, tasted delicious. We all enjoyed our meals and look forward to returning. It was certainly much better value than many cafes I have been to!

1  Thank pommycousin
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed here as a family, the food and menu choice for dinner was plentiful. Separate menu for children which l thought was extremely well priced - £3.50 for a children's main meal. The standard of children's food was by no means poor, it was of the same quality of the adult choice just a smaller portion. I had beer battered mushrooms with garlic mayo, it was served beautifully and the mushrooms were huge, hubby had the haggis balls which he assured me were delicious. For the main course, l has fish goujons, handmade chips and veg, hubby had a rib eye steak which was cooked as requested (he's a former AA rosette chef, so he knows about food!!!). The food and service was faultless, nothing was too much bother, they checked everything my daughter ate was gluten free and went out of their way to accomadate if not. Wouldn't hesitate to eat in this restaurant again should we pass Kelso again !

1  Thank prestonmooney