“Excellent find”
Review of The Waggon

The Waggon
Ranked #3 of 33 Restaurants in Kelso
Price range: US$6 - US$19
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Waggon Inn , in Kelso, located centrally in this charming historic Border town. A treat awaits within, with excellent fresh food offerings, at great value for money prices, available both in our restaurant and comfortable bar/seating area.Owned & operated by Brian & Joyce and their team, a warm welcome is extended as you enter this fresh, airy and friendly environment.The varied menu provides a wealth of dishes to cater for all occasions, all freshly cooked from locally sourced produce.The Waggon Inn has the added bonus of a Kiddies Playroom, to keep the little ones amused while you relax over a meal.We look forward to seeing you soon
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Excellent find”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

We were not sure about this establishment from outside, however, there was no where else to go as the Cobbles was full and the other restaurant was not open. As happened, we had the carvery (Sunday) and this was a good choice. Excellent. Lovely melt in the mouth beef and vegetables were delicious. The service was excellent, too. Well done staff.

Waggoninn, Owner at The Waggon, responded to this review, 3 October 2014
I am really pleased to hear that you enjoyed the Sunday carvery on your recent visit to us, and that you also experienced good service. Hope to see you again soon.

Nowra, Australia
“Rained but good time.”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

We were celebrating with family and friends and had a great time. Service was very good and staff friendly.

Waggoninn, Owner at The Waggon, responded to this review, 3 October 2014
Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent visit. We are delighted to hear that you had a great time - apart from the rain! Hope you visit us again if you are back in the area
Scottish Borders
“nice food, shame you could not be bothered to keep custom”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I read the menu and asked on facebook if possible to adapt recipe with vegetarian haggis. I was told yes, but give time to buy in. On this basis, I booked for lunch and whilst there, explained to the server that I'd like to book a FUTURE table in 2 days time and that I'd like to order Vegetarian Haggis for 2. To be then told that this was not enough time was not what I'd consider good customer relations as the haggis surely did not take a week's notice to buy in. Personally, I'd have thought a wee walk along the street by staff to the local deli would have been a small amount of effort to please the customer enough to want to come again. As it was, my friend who ate lunch with me on that day was shocked at this too, so have the people who I have spoken to locally about this . Now as I say, the food at lunch was very nice, but the fact that The Waggon did not want to do anything about keeping my future my custom was very disappointing .

• Visited August 2014
Waggoninn, Owner at The Waggon, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
I am sorry that you feel that we can not be bothered to keep custom and would like to assure you that this is far from the case. Via Facebook we did indeed say that we would be more than happy to order in vegetarian haggis given sufficent notice. We must keep full traceability of all food products we use and as such we are unable to take a wee walk to any local shop and purchase food items that we cannot afterwards provide full traceability for. We therefore use trusted suppliers and the delivery from these for haggis is on a Monday and a Thursday morning (having to put our order in the previous days). Unfortunately you were in on a Thursday lunch time and therefore our next delivery was not until the Monday - that is why we were unable to get the vegetarian haggis for the Saturday. I am sincerely sorry that this was obviously not explained clearly to you when you made your enquiry. As stated previously, we are more than happy to accomodate any request wherever we possibly can and am disappointed that on this occasion you felt let down.
Tolga, Queensland, Australia
“Best pub food in Kelso”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This place is great. we dined here several times trying out the extensive menu. never disappointed. Fresh food and fast efficient friendly service and cold drinks. Very enjoyable.

Visited July 2014
Waggoninn, Owner at The Waggon, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Thank you so much for your excellent review. I am delighted that you dined with us on several occasions whilst visiting Kelso and that you found everything to be enjoyable. Hope you visit us again if you are back in town.
Emerald Isle
“pleasant”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Very nice place, great variety of food, good choices, nice staff, good value, good local beer. Modern interior still easy going, no rush to get you out the door

Waggoninn, Owner at The Waggon, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Many thanks for your great review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent visit to us and look forward to seeing you again if you are back in the area.