“Could have stayed for a month!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kiloran B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Newton Stewart
Kiloran B&B
Ranked #6 of 19 Newton Stewart B&B and Inns
TORROX, SPAIN
“Could have stayed for a month!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2012

Walking into Kiloran B & B is like being gently hugged. Nothing is too much for Eve and Davy, they were excellent hosts. My room was perfect with elegant decor and great ensuite with wonderfully functioning shower. The entire house is immaculate, comfortable and welcoming. I had almost missed my train from Glasgow and had had no food or drink but it was like they read my mind and tea and sandwiches were produced and conversations flowed in the gorgeous dining kitchen. I was there for four nights and reluctantly left feeling like I had been staying with friends instead of 'hosts'. I was 'upgraded' so that I could have the company of Monty the Scottie who only appears if guests are ok with dogs. "Unfortunately" my friend has moved to the area (reason I was there) so I will not have the pleasure of staying at Kiloran (think she might be a bit miffed if I did!) but I will certainly be in touch when I am back down and recommend it to everyone I meet. Home from home? NO! IT'S BETTER! From delicious breakfast to bedtime a complete and utter joy. A millions thanks for being you Eve & Davy!

Room Tip: Both rooms are excellent with garden views.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2012

We stayed at Kiloran while we were researching our ancestry in the Newton Stewart area. It is within easy walking distance of the town centre and Eve and Davy were so helpful in giving us information and also giving us lifts to out-of-the-way places. The B & B was extremely comfortable and the breakfasts excellent. We can thoroughly recommend it.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

I was delighted to stay here for a few days in Feb. Davy and Eve are excellent hosts. Their little scottie dog stays out of sight of the guests- they are very considerate of the fact that guests may not like dogs or may have allergies. ( However if you insist - like I did - they let him into the breakfast room to say hello!) The b&b rooms are in a bungalow so convenient with no stairs. It is located in a very quite part of town. The room was immaculately clean and well fitted. With spacious wardrobes and modern furnishings. Everything was spotless. The ensuite shower room was modern and spotless- I was keen to check out the shower having read a previous comment- I was perfectly happy with it - it just wasnt a power shower ! Breakfast was outstanding. This B&B does have to rank as one of the best I have stayed in. I would definately stay there again.

Room Tip: I saw both rooms and they both looked good.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

Stayed at the Kiloran for 2 nights! We were greeted by Davy and lovely wee Monty on arrival then introduced to Eve. Both hosts are very welcoming (and Monty). We were helped with our bags to our beautiful double room, the room and en suite were immaculate! We had bottled water and home made shortbread biscuits on our hospitality tray! After a great nights sleep we had Davy's delicious breakfast to start the day! One word yum! I cannot speak highly enough about the Kiloran and our wonderful hosts for the weekend! Felt very at home and we have already booked up for our next stay later in the year! Great place if you are in the area and lucky enough to get a room I guarantee you will not be disappointed!
Tracy and Jonathan (31st March until 2nd April 2012)

• Stayed March 2012
Burnley, Lancashire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2012

We stopped for 1 night at Kiloran on the way to catch a ferry to Northern Ireland. We booked based on location near to Cairnryan and price - £55 for the night for a double room. An absolute bargain.

Eve, Dave and of course Monty (the dog!) are excellent hosts - I would go so far as to say they are the best hosts we have come across in a long time. They are extremely friendly, welcoming, helpful, informative but also not intrusive. On arrival they helped with bags from our car and then served us tea and cheese scones in the kitchen whilst recommending places for us to eat in Newton Stewart. They also offered to serve breakfast at any time we requested. A note about Monty - they are very conscious that some guests may not like, or be allergic to dogs and therefore only let him out after much begging from us to meet him. Otherwise he is kept in their own living area.

A great idea they have is choosing what you would like for your cooked breakfast the night before (e.g. you tick off if you want bacon, sausage, baked beans etc). We thought this was brilliant, as if nothing else it cuts down on any food wastage. Breakfast itself seemed like a team effort. Everything is cooked in front of you (in their dining kitchen).

As we left, the weather had been freezing overnight and Dave helped to defrost our car.

The room was lovely, very clean and well decorated. I suppose one minor let down would be the shower, but I am willing to forgive for an otherwise unblemished stay.

I hope we have the chance to stop at Kiloran again. We can highly recommend this B & B with a wonderful family feel.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ginger_Rachel
Shefford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2011

Had a wonderful stay with Eve, Dave and Monty last week for 3 nights. Room was very clean and comfortable, we were made to feel extremely welcome. Dave rustled up an mean breakfast that set up us up nicely for a days mountain biking. Eve couldn't do enough for us including sharing her lovely home made biscuits and amazing home grown chillies. Nothing was any trouble at all, we had a great stay made perfect by fantastic hosts. We will be back next summer for another stay :-)

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Wakefield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2011

An overnight stay while house hunting and the perfect respite from a long trip and a busy day.Dave and Eve are very welcoming and everything was just right.Gorgeous garden.Interesting climbing plant which is Tropaelium speciosum(nasturtium family) as I suspected.I will certainly try to grow it when I am settled in down the road.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends