Three of us stayed for a few days. The superior double was a lovely room with comfortable bed; good bathroom. The single room had a very narrow bed for an adult - an upgrade to something wider is needed - but otherwise the room was comfortable. The food was variable rather as if the chef couldn't be bothered at times or else his days off resulted in a lower standard. Whatever the reason, it needs to be addressed to provide the same standard all the time, as when it was good, it was very good. As always, breakfasts varied depending on the cook! Never sure why this happens in nearly every hotel, other than the absolutely top class ones. The staff are lovely and always helpful, the waitresses being particularly attentive and friendly. Hotel in lovely situation with well tended grounds. Well worth a visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A country house hotel, a former private mansion house dating back to the 1700's, sitting within 8 acres of its own gardens, a golf course adjacent. It is located near to the picturesque town of Newton Stewart built on the banks of the River Cree, and is within walking distance of the Galloway forest and hills. There is not only a variety of walks around the town and through the forest, but great cycling tracks as well. Slightly further away are a number of historical sights and the Machar Peninsular. On the Machar peninsular you will find the Booktown of Wigtown famous for its annual book festival, picturesque ports, a cave that was occupied by an early Christian Missionary to the Area, a bird sanctuary and the furthest south whisky distillery in Scotland. The Mull of Galloway, the most southerly point in Scotland, is not far away with its bird life and views to Ireland and the Isle of Man. If the magical village of Brigadoon was to appear this is where it would be. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK) and Cancelon so you can book your Kirroughtree House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kirroughtree House Hotel Newton Stewart, Scotland
- Kirroughtree Hotel Newton Stewart