My wife and I have visited the Creebridge House Hotel at least a couple of times for the last 20 years. We have a static caravan in nearby Creetown, so this review relates purely to the bar and bar meals in the bistro. Very well maintained, with a relaxed bar atmosphere which can get busy at times. This bar seems to be the social hub and 'place to be' in Newton Stewart. Good selection of ales which - unusually for Scotland - includes a revolving list of well kept real ales. Well chosen and varied bar menu, prices are higher than normal but represent good value for the quality - you get what you pay for. Staff training must feature as a high priority for the owners as it shows. All the staff play their part well, but the star is Kenny. He is the head barman and has been there for a good few years now. He makes all his guests feel really special, you end leaving as friends.
The hotel is well situated in a quiet backwater of Newton Stewart, which itself is in a quiet quarter of Scotland which most people bypass as they head North.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Creebridge House Hotel is a traditional Scottish country house hotel, with 18 ensuite bedrooms, which preserves the peace and tranquility of rural life in elegant surroundings.Your hosts, Stephen, Sarah, Rory,Campbell and the rest of the team look forward to offering you a warm welcome and comfortable stay. The hotel acquired it's name from the nearby River Cree and is situated in 3 acres of garden and woodland, in the village of Minnigaff, at the edge of Kirroughtree forest. The busy market town of Newton Stewart is a mere 2 minutes walk across the Cree Bridge, where you will find a Cinema, Museum, Tourist Information, Leisure Centre with swimming pool, and a range of supermarkets, shops and services. The Hotel has a Scottish Tourist Board 3-star rating, 3 AA stars and one AA Rosette for food. There is central heating throughout, with roaring log fires in all the public rooms in winter and plenty of hot water on tap. The hotel's location makes it central for a wide variety of activities, from walking & cycling through the nearby Galloway Forest Park, to golf and fishing so close you can walk to the nearest hotspots. In fact the first tee at Newton Stewart Golf Club is just 400 yards away. Approximately 30 minutes drive west on the A75 will take you to Cairnryan with it's ferry links to Belfast in Northern Ireland. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Agoda so you can book your Creebridge House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Creebridge Hotel Newton Stewart
- Creebridge House Hotel Newton Stewart, Scotland